Dean Holden Blog

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn drove down to Brighton to watch a reserve team player! Is his time not better spent working on the players he has or even studying our future opponents? To get there and find the player wasnt even playing is laughable.

Not as laughable as you having a pop at him at every opportunity.

Dunn drove down to Brighton to watch a reserve team player! Is his time not better spent working on the players he has or even studying our future opponents? To get there and find the player wasnt even playing is laughable.[/quo

I'm sure the players would have been worked on during the day! A manager scouting a player and that a problem??? The mind boggles!!!!

Edited by super_blue

I'm sure the players would have been worked on during the day! A manager scouting a player and that a problem??? The mind boggles!!!!

A player whose not playing? Its called attention to detail something he probably demands from his players.

Edited by yarddog73

Dunn drove down to Brighton to watch a reserve team player! Is his time not better spent working on the players he has or even studying our future opponents? To get there and find the player wasnt even playing is laughable.

He won't be the first and wont be the last.

EVeryone knows it is not that uncommon.

A player whose not playing? Its called attention to detail something he probably demands from his players.

I am sure he was told he would be playing if he went that far!

It's not unheard of for players to be injured in a warm up. Or to not be risked last minute as they're called up to the first team.

But no, he probably just saw he was at the club on Wikipedia and took that to mean he was playing. Jesus.

Teams are announce 60mins before KO. It takes longer than that to drive to brighton.

Why would you drive to Brighton in the first place to watch a reserve team game of a Midlands based team?

I know we don't have many Premier League and Championship teams in the North West with large squads worth looking at so I suppose the 400+ mile trip was worth the gamble.

Sometimes a game is watched and other players takes the eye, they can often be with the opposing team, so it may not have been a wasted exercise.

Fuller "brought" Vassell along with him...

An interesting one...

Encouraging if he's helping out with his contacts too...

Maybe he can get Usain Bolt involved next ? :grin:

Bolt would be running sideways and backwards here.

Standard practice then, my apologies.

I have to say though having travelled afar and watched some players I've thought after 15 minutes " What am I doing here".

I went to watch a player once at a local non league club with a well known manager, the player he wanted to watch did not impress, but the opposing left back was excellent and finished up in the Championship.

Edited by BP1960

Why would you drive to Brighton in the first place to watch a reserve team game of a Midlands based team?

I know we don't have many Premier League and Championship teams in the North West with large squads worth looking at so I suppose the 400+ mile trip was worth the gamble.

Who says that was the only reason he was going there? He might have mates/family down there or he might have been linking up with some of his contacts. Why does everything have to be so :censored:ing black or white with some people?