Dean Holden Blog

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people can get aggravated whenever playing budgets are mentioned and see them as either boring or an irrelevance. Understandably in a way as even considering them seems so far removed from why you actually go to watch games. However, I think it's fairly common knowledge that ours is really at mid table level in League Two. That's not to say that what we have couldn't be used in a more effective way.

I know people can get aggravated whenever playing budgets are mentioned and see them as either boring or an irrelevance. Understandably in a way as even considering them seems so far removed from why you actually go to watch games. However, I think it's fairly common knowledge that ours is really at mid table level in League Two. That's not to say that what we have couldn't be used in a more effective way.

Not according to SC. He has said in the past that our budget is top half L1 and the new stand would allow us to compete at the top end.

Not according to SC. He has said in the past that our budget is top half L1 and the new stand would allow us to compete at the top end.

Our budget seems to find itself at many different levels depending on whatever it's being used to spin at the time.....

Budget = only one part of the puzzle.

:censored: manager choice in May, :censored: manager choice in September. We played in the top two divisions for 24 years, and we were not exactly amongst the wealthiest of clubs even then. But we had two fantastic managers.

Of all the managers in all the world, we had to choose this one. Drab. Very drab.