Scarborough 1972

In November 1972 I watched us lose at Scarborough in a cup replay, that was the last time we lost to a non league team. Does anybody know of any previous occasions we lost to non league?

I went to that game, Scarborough well deserved the win and I know some of the their players could have turned orofessional, but prefered to stay part time.

In the late 60's we lost to South Shields at home after a replay.

Was that the game when their keeper tried to throw the ball , dropped it on the 6 yard line and put his head in his hands in horror only for a David Shaw to side foot it wide unchallenged in front of an open goal from 6 yards? ...if so has anybody ever seen a worse miss?

In the late 60's we lost to South Shields at home after a replay.

I went to this match with my grandad. It was a choice between the Latics or staying at home and watching Harry Worth on the TV. Worst decision I ever made!

I didn't go to the Scarborough tie (it was midweek) but I remember listening in horror to the coverage on Radio Two - as it was then.

In November 1972 I watched us lose at Scarborough in a cup replay, that was the last time we lost to a non league team. Does anybody know of any previous occasions we lost to non league?

I'm pretty sure I have the programmes for both games. The replay one is a bit of a latics rarity I think.

Was that the game when their keeper tried to throw the ball , dropped it on the 6 yard line and put his head in his hands in horror only for a David Shaw to side foot it wide unchallenged in front of an open goal from 6 yards? ...if so has anybody ever seen a worse miss?

And I was having such a lovely evening; don't get me started again...

Edited by L1onheartNew

Yes I went to Scarborough. Hitched it from York. Got a lift from John Flanagan. I wonder if he still goes? Remember Bobby Collins playing. Bright spot got back to York and got in free to see Roxy Music.

Also went to the game at South Shields. Drew 0-0. Lost the replay at BP. If you think it is bad now you didn't watch them then.

Yes I went to Scarborough. Hitched it from York. Got a lift from John Flanagan. I wonder if he still goes? Remember Bobby Collins playing. Bright spot got back to York and got in free to see Roxy Music.

Also went to the game at South Shields. Drew 0-0. Lost the replay at BP. If you think it is bad now you didn't watch them then.

Didnt Bobby Collins net with a 30 yarder only for it to be ruled out for someone standing offside?

Since Scarboro...

73/4 Formby a 2-0

76/7 Northwich 3-1

01/02 Barrow 1-0 replay

02/03 Burton 5-4 pens replay

04/05 Thurrock 1-0

05/06 Chasetown 4-0 replay

06/07 Kettering 4-3

06/07 Kings Lynn 2-0

12/13 Kidderminster 2-0

Amazing (for me, prob no one else) that as a relative non attendee I have been to 2 of those. Northwich Vic at Maine Road and Thurrock.

Since Scarboro...

73/4 Formby a 2-0

76/7 Northwich 3-1

01/02 Barrow 1-0 replay

02/03 Burton 5-4 pens replay

04/05 Thurrock 1-0

05/06 Chasetown 4-0 replay

06/07 Kettering 4-3

06/07 Kings Lynn 2-0

12/13 Kidderminster 2-0

Wasn't the Kettering game gregans debut? And he scored if memory serves

John lives in The Phillipines now