Should Dunn be sacked immediately?

Should dunn be sacked immediately?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Should dunn be sacked immediately?

• Yes
    • No

I am of the understanding that we are in talks to be taken over. Maybe showing our unrest might just speed this up. The club is a :censored:ing joke this is not just a paddy after a defeat I said same thing months ago. Lie after lie from the club. Shall we just sit back and say or do nothing and when we go down say ah well they saved us 12/13 years ago?? 5 year plan my arse!!

Or put them off completely....

Edited by RoytonLatics

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't we carry on with the same tactics which led to the first goal - on the attack with Kelly well advanced?

Was it the coaching staff or Kelly himself who decided to play so deep from that moment thus handing the initiative to Shrewsbury?

Edited by BP1960

Why didn't we carry on with the same tactics which led to the first goal - on the attack with Kelly well advanced?

Was it the coaching staff or Kelly himself who decided to play so deep from that moment thus handing the initiative to Shrewsbury?

Judging by their result Shrewsbury failed to grasp the initiative handed to them. :)

I didn't see anything particularly wrong with his tactics today considering we were on course for a win until Cornell threw one in. We kept possession well and bossed the game to the extent Cornell didn't have a save to make. Considering our position in the league and the fact we haven't won at home since August what do you expect? We aren't going to go all out attack from the kick off and have twenty attempts on goal? This is a team in the bottom four of the third division, we're there for a reason and that reason isn't Dunn. Also the substitution didn't baffle me at all, he gave Poleon 20 minutes or so as Murphy was shagged. If your magic solution is sacking Dunn then I'm afraid your delusional.

BBC stats say possession was 50%-50% in this game , in my book that is not bossing a game !!

I didn't see anything particularly wrong with his tactics today considering we were on course for a win until Cornell threw one in. We kept possession well and bossed the game to the extent Cornell didn't have a save to make. Considering our position in the league and the fact we haven't won at home since August what do you expect? We aren't going to go all out attack from the kick off and have twenty attempts on goal? This is a team in the bottom four of the third division, we're there for a reason and that reason isn't Dunn. Also the substitution didn't baffle me at all, he gave Poleon 20 minutes or so as Murphy was shagged. If your magic solution is sacking Dunn then I'm afraid your delusional.

Actually we did attack from the start in this game and went one up, so why not go for a second goal instead of inviting pressure by sitting back?

Good that 'Jack Daniels' init!!

I haven't commented on his work... I have said he hasn't been given a full chance yet to turn it around... He deserves, as a human :censored:ing being, to be given at least one opportunity to bring people in proper and implement his own ideas / plans...

He's already bought 7 players in. And we've regressed dramatically.

How many players should he bring in? A new 11? We have had a massive turnover if players over the years, it does not work.

You only have took at his Joel Coleman handling to know management is not his forte.

Edited by singe

Fact is without Cornell chucking it in for them we'd have won and deservedly so.

'Deservedly so', what game were you watching?

They were one of the worst teams I have seen at BP and we near enough matched them. We had two efforts on goal, Murphy's finish and Cassidy's header, and sat our midfield so deep that there was a hole in the middle of the pitch big enough for Dean Windass to sit in. We looked scared of them! Anyone could see that their goal was coming, and instead of putting someone on to protect the lead at the end of the game (never mind the fact that we should've continued attacking them after we scored) he sticks Poleon on the wing and takes off Murphy, who was our main outlet and also presses their midfield when the opposition have possession. It's madness and a draw was a fair result for the shocking tactics employed.

'Deservedly so', what game were you watching?

They were one of the worst teams I have seen at BP and we near enough matched them. We had two efforts on goal, Murphy's finish and Cassidy's header, and sat our midfield so deep that there was a hole in the middle of the pitch big enough for Dean Windass to sit in. We looked scared of them! Anyone could see that their goal was coming, and instead of putting someone on to protect the lead at the end of the game (never mind the fact that we should've continued attacking them after we scored) he sticks Poleon on the wing and takes off Murphy, who was our main outlet and also presses their midfield when the opposition have possession. It's madness and a draw was a fair result for the shocking tactics employed.

We had enough chances to have won the game comfortably but didn't take them. If you could see their goal coming then will you tell me next weeks lottery numbers cos you must have second sight. Dunn took Murphy off because he was :censored:ed, which was obvious to most people watching. Poleon didn't stay on the wing either he was playing through the centre within 10 minutes of coming on. Who would you have brought on 'to protect the lead' Rasulo?

We had enough chances to have won the game comfortably but didn't take them. If you could see their goal coming then will you tell me next weeks lottery numbers cos you must have second sight. Dunn took Murphy off because he was :censored:ed, which was obvious to most people watching. Poleon didn't stay on the wing either he was playing through the centre within 10 minutes of coming on. Who would you have brought on 'to protect the lead' Rasulo?

We had two chances and Cornell had more to do than their keeper. Their goal was obvious as we dropped deeper and deeper and gave them the whole middle third of the pitch. Poleon only went central after they scored. I'd have brought Yeates on who offers some defensive cover, even Croft! Dunn's game management is a joke, who goes 1-0 up so early in the game against a team who clearly lack quality and decides that we should spend the rest of the game sat in our half and pumping the ball to Cassidy?

Poleon came on and under instruction hugged the touchline, his first touch was a mis control on the touchline, we did revert back to a front 2 once we conceded but the damage was done and the momentum had shifted, I'm not saying a 4-5-1 wasn't the answer but Poleon most certainley wasn't, Croft would of at least kept their defence honest, Yeats on the left with Jones switching centrally or on the right would even of been better.

One thing that worries me after watching us today is our ability fitness wise to see out a full 90 minutes, Jones, Wellens, Cassidy, Murphy, B Wilson and Philliskirk were all blowing out of their arses towards the end, our players have had relatively few games compared to many teams in our division and for me they should at least be fresher and not so jaded.

We had two chances and Cornell had more to do than their keeper. Their goal was obvious as we dropped deeper and deeper and gave them the whole middle third of the pitch. Poleon only went central after they scored. I'd have brought Yeates on who offers some defensive cover, even Croft! Dunn's game management is a joke, who goes 1-0 up so early in the game against a team who clearly lack quality and decides that we should spend the rest of the game sat in our half and pumping the ball to Cassidy?

Dunn's 'game management' is hampered somewhat by his limited options. You say Colchester lack quality, we're not exactly overflowing with it either. Like Dunn said we have players who are hiding and not taking responsibility for doing their job on the pitch that's why they sat deep, to protect what we had. Like it or not that's the reality because of the position we're in.

Poleon came on and under instruction hugged the touchline, his first touch was a mis control on the touchline, we did revert back to a front 2 once we conceded but the damage was done and the momentum had shifted, I'm not saying a 4-5-1 wasn't the answer but Poleon most certainley wasn't, Croft would of at least kept their defence honest, Yeats on the left with Jones switching centrally or on the right would even of been better.

One thing that worries me after watching us today is our ability fitness wise to see out a full 90 minutes, Jones, Wellens, Cassidy, Murphy, B Wilson and Philliskirk were all blowing out of their arses towards the end, our players have had relatively few games compared to many teams in our division and for me they should at least be fresher and not so jaded.

Fair point about their fitness but Wellens and Cassidy haven't had much game time so understandable they tired. Dunn probably brought Poleon on as opposed to Croft cos for all his limitations he at least has a goal in him and can play through the middle unlike Croft.

Dunn's 'game management' is hampered somewhat by his limited options. You say Colchester lack quality, we're not exactly overflowing with it either. Like Dunn said we have players who are hiding and not taking responsibility for doing their job on the pitch that's why they sat deep, to protect what we had. Like it or not that's the reality because of the position we're in.

This is near enough the same squad that everyone raved about last year. Now fair enough we were probably performing above our ability but those same players are far better than they showed today and definitely better than that Colchester team. I believe they are doing their job as instructed, which is part of the reason why we are doing so much worse this season than last - though the players may be limited, Johnson had them organised effectively and Dunn simply does not.