FOR SALE : SEASON TICKET £75

Oh, you're here to gloat again.

suprisedface.jpg

Its a hefty amount of cash saved!!! Dam right I am gloating....

Nothing I have seen over the last five to six years has shown me that my original decision to stop supporting the current board was the wrong one...

While its sad to see so many current Latics fans now feeling exactly the same way as me... Its also encouraging that people are seeing the light as well finally....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing I have seen over the last five to six years has shown me that my original decision to stop supporting the current board was the wrong one...

While its sad to see so many current Latics fans now feeling exactly the same way as me... Its also encouraging that people are seeing the light as well finally....

so how do you support the club then out of interest?

Encouraging to see the club get ever closer to League 2 and hard-core fans lose love for their club?

Bizarre thinking.

so how do you support the club then out of interest?

Well I don't financially.... That was the point of the post ....

I will be going to my first game in about six year soon (if the free tickets turn up) so I will shout kind words at the team as well :D

Edited by oafc0000

Encouraging to see the club get ever closer to League 2 and hard-core fans lose love for their club?

Bizarre thinking.

Not really what I said was it...

Its encouraging that people are seeing the core problem now...

Edited by oafc0000

A lot of fans on here who love to post but don't go to games and get behind the team...don't get it myself!

I've not commented on games, performances, the club, or manager since Barnsley at home. What I do know, though, is that things haven't changed and, if anything, have got worse.

Saying that, just because somebody can't justify £22 a pop doesn't mean they can't have an opinion. It would be a pretty quiet message board if you only qualified for posting had you attended the previous game.

If we all withdrew any financial support from the club whatsoever, then the argument would be moot because the club,team and everything else would soon cease to exist. That for me is what supporting my team is all about.

Like it or not the club/team need supporters, using the word supporter in it's most basic meaning.Words alone are cheap and often divisive (you only need to read this board regularly to see that!), while we shouldn't and won't agree on everything we should agree that our club needs us. For me walking away isn't an option, I have invested too much emotionally down the years (it's worse than being married in many ways) and though I do and will in future get very frustrated I will KTF.

I'm not blind to the many and varied problems we face at the moment but a well supported club is much more attractive to potential investors, and change can be influenced better from within than by keyboard warriors withholding any and all tangible support.I am no great fan of the current owners and board, but we the supporters will still be here after they have departed as long as we still have a club to support.

If you want to make a protest then do it at the ground, loudly, visibly and effectively.

If we all withdrew any financial support from the club whatsoever, then the argument would be moot because the club,team and everything else would soon cease to exist. That for me is what supporting my team is all about.

Like it or not the club/team need supporters, using the word supporter in it's most basic meaning.Words alone are cheap and often divisive (you only need to read this board regularly to see that!), while we shouldn't and won't agree on everything we should agree that our club needs us. For me walking away isn't an option, I have invested too much emotionally down the years (it's worse than being married in many ways) and though I do and will in future get very frustrated I will KTF.

I'm not blind to the many and varied problems we face at the moment but a well supported club is much more attractive to potential investors, and change can be influenced better from within than by keyboard warriors withholding any and all tangible support.I am no great fan of the current owners and board, but we the supporters will still be here after they have departed as long as we still have a club to support.

If you want to make a protest then do it at the ground, loudly, visibly and effectively.

This old chicken and egg story...I moved out of oldham 12 months ago to Northwich, I now only subscribe to LP and purchase occasional OAFC Merchandise bits online ... Do I qualify as a supporter in your world?

Bravo!

I'm not joining the OAFC assisted suicide cult and never will. Folk that can afford it and can get there without a problem but have decided not to for the sole reason that we are :censored: are just weak people who have been following the wrong club for years. Like it's something new that we are :censored:???

Isn't it funny when the big games come along and if anyone dare says "here come the gloryhunters" they get shot down with "oh, that's a really nice attitude, it's hardly going to encourage them to come back". Yet likewise...when they're coming on here writing their OAFC obituaries of how long they've supported and how it pains them to walk away for good...again, nobody is allowed to criticise. When are the people staying with OAFC to try and keep it as close to solvent allowed to criticise the ones calling the owners/team/management spineless then being as much themselves by walking away??? Or are they not allowed to??? Absolute bollocks!!!

Either you want the best for OAFC (not for Simon Corney...but OAFC) or you don't. When a Trust Director told me about FAILSworth long before it become public knowledge that's when I knew these dicks running us would fracture the fanbase into a hundred pieces. I didn't agree with FAILSworth at all (and many decisions since) but INSPITE of Corney and his merry men I'll be there to the bitter end...thick, thin and even thinner. I won't assist in killing off the club like others are...those walking away now are as bad as Corney and co themselves.

Go hard or go home eh!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Bravo!

I'm not joining the OAFC assisted suicide cult and never will. Folk that can afford it and can get there without a problem but have decided not to for the sole reason that we are :censored: are just weak people who have been following the wrong club for years. Like it's something new that we are :censored:???

Isn't it funny when the big games come along and if anyone dare says "here come the gloryhunters" they get shot down with "oh, that's a really nice attitude, it's hardly going to encourage them to come back". Yet likewise...when they're coming on here writing their OAFC obituaries of how long they've supported and how it pains them to walk away for good...again, nobody is allowed to criticise. When are the people staying with OAFC to try and keep it as close to solvent allowed to criticise the ones calling the owners/team/management spineless then being as much themselves by walking away??? Or are they not allowed to??? Absolute bollocks!!!

Either you want the best for OAFC (not for Simon Corney...but OAFC) or you don't. When a Trust Director told me about FAILSworth long before it become public knowledge that's when I knew these dicks running us would fracture the fanbase into a hundred pieces. I didn't agree with FAILSworth at all (and many decisions since) but INSPITE of Corney and his merry men I'll be there to the bitter end...thick, thin and even thinner. I won't assist in killing off the club like others are...those walking away now are as bad as Corney and co themselves.

Go hard or go home eh!

I admire those still paying up. But I struggle with the idea that putting money into the club whilst it's being run by the current regime, is necessarily going to help safeguard its future.

And i object to the notion that those who've had enough and aren't willing to keep going are weak. If you're turning up and its consistently :censored:, it can be difficult to justify spending your time and money that way. Do you think it's weak that someone might get to the point where they think, 'I'm not enjoying this, I think I'll spend the time and money with the wife/kids* instead'?

The big thing for me is the rift between the club and the fans. I've been reading that Rick Holden 14 Games book and he talks about how proud he was to play for the Latics fans and quotes Andy Ritchie saying after the Littlewoods Cup Final that he was glad to have put smiles on the faces of the fans. Nowadays it seems the Boardroom, manager and players :censored:ing hate the fans. There's certainly no sense of us all being in this together.

I admire those still paying up. But I struggle with the idea that putting money into the club whilst it's being run by the current regime, is necessarily going to help safeguard its future.

And i object to the notion that those who've had enough and aren't willing to keep going are weak. If you're turning up and its consistently :censored:, it can be difficult to justify spending your time and money that way. Do you think it's weak that someone might get to the point where they think, 'I'm not enjoying this, I think I'll spend the time and money with the wife/kids* instead'?

The big thing for me is the rift between the club and the fans. I've been reading that Rick Holden 14 Games book and he talks about how proud he was to play for the Latics fans and quotes Andy Ritchie saying after the Littlewoods Cup Final that he was glad to have put smiles on the faces of the fans. Nowadays it seems the Boardroom, manager and players :censored:ing hate the fans. There's certainly no sense of us all being in this together.

"Do you think it's weak that someone might get to the point where they think, 'I'm not enjoying this, I think I'll spend the time and money with the wife/kids* instead'?"

Bet when times have been better, they've thanked the Lord for Latics to get away from the wife/kids etc.

And yes, I do think it's weak to walk away because they're not enjoying it. Been there myself. But the club needs us. 3000 fans still left going X £0 is £0.00 the last time I checked. Assisted suicide if we all walk away.

At the end of the season we will have played 460 home league games in this league. If you have been to all those you will,have spent c £ 10,000 on admission alone

You couldn't have done much with that loose change anyway so no harm done or argument with wife required

I doubt someone who has been going for 20 / 30 years would stop going for that sole reason....

Which is of course a lot of bollocks.... But nice soap box moment for you... Reminded me of Mel Gibson in Braveheart....

braveheart_a_p.jpg

Edited by oafc0000