• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see:

- we don't want unproven kids from Premier youth teams

- we don't want past-it journeymen with nothing left

- we don't want young players with 100 games under the belt

Who exactly do we want? Only players in their mid-20s with 50+ games in League One or higher who are happy to play for peanuts in front of the 23rd placed club with the 19th lowest attendance in the division?

Phrase about beggars and choosers comes to mind...

Let's see:

Who exactly do we want? Only players in their mid-20s with 50+ games in League One or higher who are happy to play for peanuts in front of the 23rd placed club with the 19th lowest attendance in the division?

You're right lets keep lowering our standards.

Let's see:

To be honest I'm more dissappointed about the fact is another one month loan. At the end of the day the lad has racked up more than 100 appearances already, and was a regular in their side last year so I'm willing to give him a chance.

Can we actually sign a player though? Like, a player who will be ours and want to play for us? Can't see who's going to come....

I just want good players who will keep us up. He may be one.

That doesn't mean I won't scoff and wallow in self-pity if it reminds me that Burton Albion and Walsall are top of our league and we're scraping it out in the bottom three, having not won at home in 12...

Edited by NewBlue

What standards? When did we ever have standards?

I'm not jumping for joy over this signing but look at where we are and it's clear we're not going to be signing anyone exceptionally good.

If in a months time and he proves to be a success I will happily come on here and say I was wrong I've been wrong about players and managers before and I've also been right.

Someone out their must want to play for us it can't be that bad.

Did a bit of digging and found this myself too. Burton (and Hasselbaink) seem to rate him.

Shez is (probably) the only one out of us all that has seen him play on at least 4 occasions so I assume he knows what he brings very clearly.

If we'd signed a player that had played the entirety of 2013-14 from Bristol City last season, I guarantee fans would be more than happy...

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc