Matt Palmer

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd sell Wilson and use that money for a bruiser from league 2 or the conference who can win a header and bully a big striker. Most teams only have 1

Medical experiment companies don't pay that much, that's the only way we'll get rid of Wilson at the minute.

Looks like he has forgotten how to play the game.

Medical experiment companies don't pay that much, that's the only way we'll get rid of Wilson at the minute.

Hoping Lee Johnson only remembers when Wilson was half decent and signs him off the back of that.

My initial reaction to our only (as yet) signing is one of huge disappointment but.... given our circumstances I've got to keep an open mind.

Have to admit he was our stand-out player and I can see why Sheridan rates him.

Unfortunately the influential players yet again turned out to be our goalkeeper and centre-back.

Pity the focus wasn't in this area - we might have managed a clean sheet for once and, coupled with a decent striker, possibly even managed a goal.

Division 2 is now a virtual certainty.

Let's relax the hype though.

We thought Fulton was mustard when he first played.

He was impressive though - best player on the park.

On that showing Palmer is a far better player than Fulton, we would do well to keep him for more than a month.

Him and Lafferty. That's surely not the same player we had on loan before. I'm sure they've sent someone else this time

In the rarely-read Burton Mail, Nigel Clough said:

"It was one we talked about,It was a joint decision for Matt to go out. A couple of clubs came in for him and he told us he was keen to get out and play some football. With John Sheridan coming in he'll be a good fit. John's teams have always played good football and that's one of the attractions for Matt going there."

Sadly it reads as though at 20, Burton still see him as a prospect, and this is not likely to be a full time option in the future.

Unless they go up and we stay up, then potentially the Championship might not be appropriate at this stage. But he is certainly good enough to not be playing League 2 next year.

Where's the cut off line as to who we can loan from?

There is no cut off line and I didn't suggest there was.

it is a measure of the current plight of the club that Burton Albion reserve players can come in on loan and become our best players.

Burton are an incredibly well run club, we are not, that is the point I'm trying to make.

Stop sniping at anyone who doesn't agree with you and think the sun shines out of Corney's arse.

Maybe, but the reality is that Burton were non league only a few years ago and now they have left us trailing in their wake.

This club has been absolutely run into the ground.

But you don't want to look at Tranmere and Stockport? Who knows where the likes of Burton will be in 5 years. At least we know what we have (at least for the time being)