Team for Blackpool game

He could spend the other 88 running up and down the Main Stand steps with Gordon on his back and he'd be faster and stronger than the star of your next wank.

Your comments are no funnier but quite a bit cruder. We dont really need to know what Bambi does in his spare time although I do have my suspicions.

When is the wedding by the way?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of the phrase "must win" games as that tends to put undue pressure on everyone. In my head I thought that about the Bury game, but a win and few other results in our favour and we are still in with a fighting chance. Any win is vital and even a defeat on Saturday could be recoverable if we took 3 points from Wigan / Peterborough away, but whilst they are 9 points clear of us there probably represent the highest league position we could realistically hit this year. I think the key key games are the Fleetwood, Crewe and Chesterfield.

Whilst not having a good target man in the team, we have enough players with the potential to have a threat / be creative that could mean can get a goal or two.

Winchester - a player that could/should score more goals and something I am sure Shez is working on

Jones - his deadfalls are dangerous. Scored one and had one well saved in recent weeks.

Forte - whilst most dangerous from the wing it seems, does have the capability of hitting the back of the net when gets the chances.

Palmer - seems focused on trying to get the ball forward with purpose.

Poleon - has pace. Has scored on rare occasions.

Murphy - for me looks like a natural predator type forward, perhaps more than other forwards we have had for a few years. I genuinely believe given some service and support he could get 5+ goals between now and the end of the season.

Cassidy - if I hadn't read some positive stuff about pre-season and the Middlesborough cup game I think I'd struggle to think of something positive to say.

Perhaps we'll get the goals we need, but from midfield. Or even Gerrard from a corner. Or off the referee's arse.

Don't really care.

I think the key key games are the Fleetwood, Crewe and Chesterfield.

Well the first of those key games you refer to isn't until 28th March....we've got 11 games to play before that one and if we can't scrape a few wins together before then those games will be irrelevant.

I can't see us amassing too many points looking at the fixtures in February so a minimum 4 points from the Blackpool games is an absolute must.

Given our present predicament, tomorrow is as close to the definition of a '6 pointer' as you're going to get!!

Your comments are no funnier but quite a bit cruder. We dont really need to know what Bambi does in his spare time although I do have my suspicions.

When is the wedding by the way?

We're waiting for them to fix the law so we can have it in his home town

I think the key key games are the Fleetwood, Crewe and Chesterfield.

Well the first of those key games you refer to isn't until 28th March....we've got 11 games to play before that one and if we can't scrape a few wins together before then those games will be irrelevant.

I can't see us amassing too many points looking at the fixtures in February so a minimum 4 points from the Blackpool games is an absolute must.

Given our present predicament, tomorrow is as close to the definition of a '6 pointer' as you're going to get!!

My intention wasn't to not say that the game isn't important, far from it, and in essence every game between now and the end of the season is a vial opportunity to get points towards the c.50 we need to stand a chance.

The two games against Blackpool do present an opportunity to pull another team into striking distance - but if we played well, showed signs of improvement and drew, or even lost, I wouldn't necessarily give up help.

Whilst we have not seen it this season, in the past we have sometimes faired better against better teams as they come at you and leave space you can exploit at times. Under LJ it was our results against the lower reaches of the table that halted our play-off push, not the top teams. If Shez can bring a more attacking mentality back to the team, then perhaps games such as Wigan and Peterborough won't be the foregone conclusions some think they are.

I'm not gonna write Cassidy off just yet.

He's come back from a long injury, into a team with depleted confidence, no momentum, with barely any creativity from midfield.

I think given time he could prove to be a good player and hopefully Shez can get that out of him, but it may be next season until we see the results.

We're too keen sometimes to let players go if they don't make an immediate impact, Adam Rooney is probably the most recent example.

Cassidy's got a two year deal, so let's just give him a chance, hopefully he'll be playing along side better players next season or at least against worst ones and who knows, he might have a second season like Porter, after an injury riddled first.

He's come back from a long injury, into a team with depleted confidence, no momentum, with barely any creativity from midfield.

I think given time he could prove to be a good player and hopefully Shez can get that out of him, but it may be next season until we see the results.

We're too keen sometimes to let players go if they don't make an immediate impact, Adam Rooney is probably the most recent example.

Cassidy's got a two year deal, so let's just give him a chance, hopefully he'll be playing along side better players next season or at least against worst ones and who knows, he might have a second season like Porter, after an injury riddled first.

Maybe I was too harsh on Cassidy - we have him on contract and admittedly he needs to get fit and confidence back. Not sure that I'd start trying to that at this present time though.

As for Rooney. He is only being successful in Scotland.....and the SPL is pretty poor quality (seen a couple of games this season whilst up there with work), League 1 / League 2 standard I'd say.

When was his long injury?

For loans. Non-contract players....anytime.

Going off Shez's interview we're looking at loans unless we're playing the old smoke and mirrors trick again.

Which seems to fit, I would imagine free agents like Higdon and Holt may be looking for an 18 month deal at their age and we'll only be offering til the end of summer.

Going off Shez's interview we're looking at loans unless we're playing the old smoke and mirrors trick again.

Which seems to fit, I would imagine free agents like Higdon and Holt may be looking for an 18 month deal at their age and we'll only be offering til the end of summer.

Correct....Non contact players would have been signed by now.....it will be more loans I'm sad to say but if we can get the right players in like Palmer then we can stay up.

Either way it would then leave Shez with a clean slate to build for next season knowing which division we are in.

3 and a half months is a pretty long time to be injured for.

He should have some goals, but it's too early to write him off. It's not like he's the only player that's been :censored:.

Not really an issue these days when they are all super fit.

When you look at the images of him there's been a big change in his body shape from his early days, maybe he's bulked up too much and it's taken the sharpness out of him.

Not really an issue these days when they are all super fit.

When you look at the images of him there's been a big change in his body shape from his early days, maybe he's bulked up too much and it's taken the sharpness out of him.

injured that early in the season means he's basically been out for an extra 2 and a half months without playing, and anyone who expects a young player not to be affected by a double ankle break is very ambitious. Where were the people who saw how shirt he was before his injury?

injured that early in the season means he's basically been out for an extra 2 and a half months without playing, and anyone who expects a young player not to be affected by a double ankle break is very ambitious. Where were the people who saw how shirt he was before his injury?

Can't speak for anyone else but I was certainly underwhelmed by the signing (or at least I think I was!)

He doesn't do anything well enough to be effective - probably do a cracking job for someone in the Conference but I don't see him cutting it with us.

I am still confident that we will comfortably finish 16th. Never quite out of the relegation mix, but constantly improving. This season has been shocking emotion wise. First there was anticipation, then despair and now, hope. My wife has even asked me if I think I should go and see someone about my mood swings :).

Whether my apparent relative calm is due to my new found belief in the players and/or Shez, or whether it is complete denial remains to be seen.

It could even be due to the fact that things change very quickly in football. In most cases, the changes are predictable; but there are always the ones worthy of a "wow, I didn't see that coming" such as Burton at the top, Barnsley turning it around and there's always Leicester!

I am confident that we will not lose on Saturday no matter what team we field.

It could be worse. Wind back to one week before the season started and imagine being a Blackpool fan on their message board.

Thread Topic: Team for Saturday V Colchester...

Cassidy can't win the ball never mind hold it up, Poleon is a headless chicken, Forte is not a central striker, and the only hope is that Murphy (who really needs to play off a dominant CF) can get on the end of something.

That's all in the past.

You've got to contemporise, man.