Oldham v Gillingham

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd drop Forte, he's been poor in the past 2 games IMO, he slows up the attack when he gets the ball and takes away any sort of momentum, also his decision making has been crap... However he's probably the best natural finisher in the squad

Distinct lack of goals being scored, so let's drop our best natural finisher in the squad sounds a plan.

I'd drop Forte, he's been poor in the past 2 games IMO, he slows up the attack when he gets the ball and takes away any sort of momentum, also his decision making has been crap... However he's probably the best natural finisher in the squad

He can still get a cross in.

If he's fit, he plays on the left for me.

Get him a run of games and he will both create and score goals.

Blackpool's pitch was really sodden on Tuesday and if ours is in a similar state I wouldn't fancy our chances of getting the game on after a couple more days of heavy rain!

This for me - the game must be in serious doubt if the weather forecast for the next two days is accurate.

Been dryer this week apart from down pour yesterday so pitch shouldn't be as saturated. Previous weeks it has rain consistently at some point during the day. Should be okay this week I'd think.

really?!?!?!?!?!

Forgotten what football at 3pm is like - wish this rain would sod off. If it starts heavy again on Saturday I imagine it wont take too long before the game gets called off - the pitch can take much more water surely

Weather forecast is wet and windy, especially in the afternoon. I just hope the game is on.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcw2xfxt1#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1455926400

You would have thought with heavy rain forecast all day and fans from Gillingham getting ready to make the long journey down that an inspection would have been planned for round about now!

Perhaps the club are confident of staging the game, I would also like to think the pitch will be able to cope with the impending deluge but somehow I doubt it.

From the met office...

Further outbreaks of rain are expected on Saturday and Sunday. The heaviest and most persistent rainfall is likely to occur over high ground and will be accompanied by strong winds.

Please be aware of the potential for low level disruption due to difficult driving conditions and localised flooding of property.

If it is on, wrap up, I think the design of the north stand is set for its biggest test so far!!