Oldham v Gillingham

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The disgust in Gerrard's eyes when Wilson wimped out of that challenge was a sight. Amongst other obscenities shouted in the subsequent bollocking, he seemed to be cupping his balls and asking if Wilson had any. He had a point. Fair play though, Wilson got on with the job after that.

For all his flaws, that sums up what we've needed in the team since the start of the season.

Away this weekend so missed it. How did Coleman play? Did he create any goals?

Quite shaky in my opinion. Flapped at a few corners and failure to claim one resulted in the panicked clearance that led to their goal (he still had a lot to do and it was a fantastic strike). No assists today. A lot of his clearances were over hit straight to their keeper.

Best thing about today. The Gillingham pikey number 15 who leathered the ball into the north stand after they'd gone one up. Lucky there was a lot of empty seats in there today and it didn't hit anyone. Funny watching him moan like a bitch the last ten minutes about time wasting.

The disgust in Gerrard's eyes when Wilson wimped out of that challenge was a sight. Amongst other obscenities shouted in the subsequent bollocking, he seemed to be cupping his balls and asking if Wilson had any. He had a point. Fair play though, Wilson got on with the job after that.

That was funny too. Gerrard absolutely smashed into one of there players in his next challenge.

He was saying to Wilson about :censored:ting out and having a set of bollocks. Wilson walked off calling him a :censored: in the exchange of words - gerrard overheard and shouted let's see if you say that to my face in the dressing room at half time.

Shez would love the passion no doubt. Proper leading by example by Gerrard

Edited by Rocky_Latic

That was funny too. Gerrard absolutely smashed into one of there players in his next challenge.

He was saying to Wilson about :censored:ting out and having a set of bollocks. Wilson walked off calling him a :censored: in the exchange of words - gerrard overheard and shouted let's see if you say that to my face in the dressing room at half time.

Shez would love the passion no doubt. Proper leading by example by Gerrard

I hope this is true, Wilson needs a good bollocking, he infuriates me. I was slagging him as all he does is get it and boot it, but he put some right crosses in after i slagged him

Edited by BenRad

We were dead and buried at half time.

Despite starting so well as soon as Gillingham scored they had that game won.

No idea what was said in the dressing room but to come out in the second half and gradually take control of a game against a very good team (Dack is sensational but we got a hold on him after the break) speaks volumes for the manager and the players.

I thought Forte was poor and would have hooked him off long before he bundled in the winner. Loved Dieng's celebration too. I hope we keep him next season.

We're still not the classiest unit but the work rate was excellent and more goals at the right end will come if we keep getting the ball in the box.

I didnt see that. Palmer was probing looking for Dummigan, Holloway and Main who were all showing for the ball and/or running off each other.

Forte was trying to get involved but seems just too slow these days.

Full backs were off into space asking for the ball soon as Coleman had it.

To suggest this shows as being 'dead and buried' is an insult and reflects more on your emotion at the time, rather than your reading of the game.

Heads were down. Gillingham were dictating the pace and we're playing with us.

It was a real achievement to turn that around.

Sorry, I must have been watching a different game. The way we played didn't change from start to finish IMO. We were by far the most positive of the two sides for the full 95 minutes. Didn't see any heads go down and definatly didn't see The Gills dictating play. We could easily have been 3-1 up at half time. Thought the lads were excellent from start to finish.

Great seeing him clatter into their fatarsed player with the long hair in an aerial challenge,leaving him rubbing his neck for five minutes. Greganesque.

Seeing Forte shove the same player off the ball when he had his couple of minutes of madness (tickling the keeper?) was just hilarious.

Coleman fumbled one in the second half and people near me in the paddock were screaming at him, calling him a :censored:.

He needs to improve his communication with his defence on occasions, but considering the conditions I don't think he did too badly yesterday.

I disagree. I thought we fought the whole game. At no point did I see heads go down.

I think opinion4u may be referring to the last 15 minuets of the first half. I wouldn't say our heads went down - we simply lost our spark. We needed half-time to re-focus, which we did very well.

At last we've got someone, two even, to give the opposition defence something to worry about.

Holloway controlled/laid off/headed on, more forward balls than possibly the combined efforts of this seasons incumbents of the front 1 or 2 positions.

Sheridan with his appointment revived optimism. With his first 3 games provided 3 points and increased entertainment value. And with his next 3 games maintained entertainment value, remained unbeaten and managed 5 points.

That's quite an achievement from where we were.