Pitch or midfield ?

At no point should the answer be Cornell. Worst professional player I've seen.

I'm not entirely sure who people expect us to bring in. League One keepers make mistakes and aren't perfect. Hence why they're in League One.

Our biggest problem is having a legion of strikers who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At fault against Bury and Gillingham ... Please explain?!

Bury - he left his goal completely unguarded and allowed Clarke a very simple finish into an empty net. Wilson also culpable.

Gillingham - he again missed a easy catch\punch the ball broke he makes a save and 3 passes later he lets a 35 harder in. He should have dealt with the first phase like tonight. Trust me he was at fault.

Both on youtube

Yes he was & the reason Liverpool didn't win the Cup.Some decent save's but ultimately one error cost his team glory.

I'd say the reason Liverpool didn't win the cup was the worst set of penalties I've ever seen....

I agree with you though, we need a new keeper ?

Edited by JWhite101

At no point should the answer be Cornell. Worst professional player I've seen.

I'm not entirely sure who people expect us to bring in. League One keepers make mistakes and aren't perfect. Hence why they're in League One.

Our biggest problem is having a legion of strikers who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Correct.................2016 P11 W3 D5 L3 F9 A9 P14

Only 9 goals from 11 games and the strikers have scored just 2 between them. Our home record is dire, yes, Coleman does need a break but if we don't start scoring soon it won't matter as there's every chance we'll go down.

Draws at Wigan, Sunthorpe, and Blackpool are great but you have to complement them with the odd home win...'.but we don't do home wins'

And Cornell is as :censored:e as we've ever had.

I've read this a few times.

Does someone want to tell me the difference between the two because the mistakes they make seem very very similar.

Without ignoring the fact that Coleman is now playing behind the most balanced defence/team we have had all season. We no longer invite pressure upon ourselves unlike previous months.

Edited by palmer1

Bury - he left his goal completely unguarded and allowed Clarke a very simple finish into an empty net. Wilson also culpable.

Gillingham - he again missed a easy catch\punch the ball broke he makes a save and 3 passes later he lets a 35 harder in. He should have dealt with the first phase like tonight. Trust me he was at fault.

Both on youtube

So again it his fault that the defence/midfield do not competently clear it. And how you can say he let a 35 yarded in then you need to go and get your head checked. That goal was the best I've seen at BP for a long time, that good that it had at least 1000 latics fans applauding and rightly so it was a superb goal. Good goals happen, get over it. You cannot say that he should save very shot because you're not even going to get that from Cech, hart and co.

haha i know, he's just as bad. last time i saw him he got out jumped by a southend striker when he was at full stretch but if we can't get a loan in he has to be given another go. coleman has cost us too many goals lately and both are the worst I've ever seen, poorer than brill. its going to be wet saturday, the only thing he will catch will be a cold

I've got to take issue with you on this, although Coleman and Cornell are both :censored:e, and very error prone.

Neither is as bad as Brill, he was absolutely hopeless, anything hit from within 30 yards of the goal was in with him in net. He wasn't a shot stopper and his handling was a disaster, he had nothing going for him, hence his stellar career since leaving Latics.

TBH I thought a draw was a fair result on the balance of play last night.

Our problem is in the striking department, we have many strikers and plenty of options, unfortunately none of them are what we need (a goal scorer).

We created practically no clear cut scoring chances, barring the Holloway miss which resulted from a Coleman long punted clearance.

It was a good job we got the penalty as we weren't scoring any other way.

On to Saturday and a game I feel we need to win, but as with last night it won't be easy.

Someone who can't see the difference between Coleman and Cornell is not worth having a discussion with. Regardless of his latest clanger he is still part of a team that's unbeaten in 7 and conceded only 4 in 7.

Last night you said you could no longer defend him!

So again it his fault that the defence/midfield do not competently clear it. And how you can say he let a 35 yarded in then you need to go and get your head checked. That goal was the best I've seen at BP for a long time, that good that it had at least 1000 latics fans applauding and rightly so it was a superb goal. Good goals happen, get over it. You cannot say that he should save very shot because you're not even going to get that from Cech, hart and co.

not disputing the finish, if you read what i posted & stop ignoring the obvious to suit your argument then you will se that he should have caught/puched in the first instance. He falapped and put pressure on a dfence when he should have dealt with it. they should never have had the oppertunity to even have 2 shots on goal in the proceedeing phase of play. That was Colemans fault and most people who understand football could see that.

Someone who can't see the difference between Coleman and Cornell is not worth having a discussion with. Regardless of his latest clanger he is still part of a team that's unbeaten in 7 and conceded only 4 in 7.

There is no differnce between them! they have both cost us countless goas this season despite being decent shot stoppers. And derspite this little inbeated run that you think ends the debate. If Coleman had done his job in the last 2 games would be clear of the relegation zone.

As much as he's a big player for us, Lafferty having to go back may be a blessing. Hopefully Shez can get a tune out of Mills and brings in a loan keeper.

That error last night is up there in terms of the worst seen this season. I'd love Coleman to do well and he still might, but he needs taking out of the firing line asap. Cornell probably isn't the answer as he's "not one of our own" so is hated for his earlier mistakes.

“You can’t do anything or coach anything to stop the manner of the goals that we’re giving away so that needs to improve.

No, not the words of David Dunn but those of John Sheridan...

Well Dunn was probably right, then. Good for him..

It seems Coleman has dropped a few bollocks recently, but I'd be amazed if we can get a better keeper in. We're stuck with what we've got, we've got the right manager to get the best out of them and we should save the post-mortem for the end of the season.

Some of our fans love to pick on individuals, but it's these players who are in charge of keeping us in this division. Now's the time to back them.

You cant do anything or coach anything to stop the manner of the goals that were giving away so that needs to improve.

No, not the words of David Dunn but those of John Sheridan...

Good job for Shez he's a good football manager and not a tool.