Pitch or midfield ?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly wasn't aware we played in blue, Jones was a yard short of pace, Dummigan was a waste of space and Palmer was flat and leggy, Coleman is running out of chances and can't be defended tonight he played like a fanny, that pitch though is a :censored:ing disgrace and will probably get us relegated as our players can't pick their legs up in it, special mention for Holloway though take a bow son the only one who played like it meant anything to him, Shez said every games a cup final yet 8 or 9 of that lot didn't have the bollocks to put their bodies on the line.

Their keeper nearly dropped one through his legs under no pressure, just in the interest of balancing things out.

Yes but their keeper did not do that in the last game too or the one before that or the..... The highlight was him kicking Gerrard's back pass just over 4 yards

Kelly wasn't aware we played in blue, Jones was a yard short of pace, Dummigan was a waste of space and Palmer was flat and leggy, Coleman is running out of chances and can't be defended tonight he played like a fanny, that pitch though is a :censored:ing disgrace and will probably get us relegated as our players can't pick their legs up in it, special mention for Holloway though take a bow son the only one who played like it meant anything to him, Shez said every games a cup final yet 8 or 9 of that lot didn't have the bollocks to put their bodies on the line.

You've had a tough time for the past few weeks haven't you, not too much moan about

How do you know that, regular visitor to Vale park then.[/quote

Oh dear . When Coleman dropped a bollock, we used to talk about Cornell...now you want to talk about the Port Vale keeper. There is a bloke playing for the Dog and Duck who is not very good, let's use him as the benchmark?

How can Coleman not be defended? Playing on a wet pitch with a wet ball which, from experience, will be impossible to catch. When the ball was played back to him with not enough legs on the :censored: pitch it stops and it's his fault how? If he had have come for it he would have either been rounded or took their man down, so he can't win.

Some latics 'fans' have a habit of creating a boo boy out of a decent player (furman & philli ect), granted I'm not saying he is our best player but he's the best we've got. If you'd rather have Cornell then you might as well check yourself into broadmoor now. And I think we must be close to the amount of loanee's we can have so that rules bringing anyone in.

At this point last year he came into the side full of confidence and played well and most people were happy pre-season to have him in as number 1 for the season so when he gets his confidence back he should be back to this. Shez needs to get this back into him and then his performances should get back to how they were at the end of last season.

How do you know that, regular visitor to Vale park then.[/quote

Oh dear . When Coleman dropped a bollock, we used to talk about Cornell...now you want to talk about the Port Vale keeper. There is a bloke playing for the Dog and Duck who is not very good, let's use him as the benchmark?

I was just trying to balance things out re the conditions tonight, it was you who wanted to bring up all the past games. What the Dog and Duck has to do with it I dont know.

How can Coleman not be defended? Playing on a wet pitch with a wet ball which, from experience, will be impossible to catch. When the ball was played back to him with not enough legs on the :censored: pitch it stops and it's his fault how? If he had have come for it he would have either been rounded or took their man down, so he can't win.

Some latics 'fans' have a habit of creating a boo boy out of a decent player (furman & philli ect), granted I'm not saying he is our best player but he's the best we've got. If you'd rather have Cornell then you might as well check yourself into broadmoor now. And I think we must be close to the amount of loanee's we can have so that rules bringing anyone in.

At this point last year he came into the side full of confidence and played well and most people were happy pre-season to have him in as number 1 for the season so when he gets his confidence back he should be back to this. Shez needs to get this back into him and then his performances should get back to how they were at the end of last season.

I'll be amazed if Shez doesn't replace him once Lafferty goes back.

He can still make a good keeper (he is a good keeper) but he needs taking out of the firing line.

I'd then chuck him back in for the rest of the season once we're safe...

What good to our battle to stay up is always getting on our goalkeepers back going to do?

I see zero benifit in this at all its counter productive. If people can not accept that he is a young lad learning his trade and will make mistakes then that is just daft. Yes he has cost us a few points. He has also won us a few too.

If we go down we will not go down because of joel coleman. His mistakes will be long way down the list of reasons if we do go down.

I was just trying to balance things out re the conditions tonight, it was you who wanted to bring up all the past games. What the Dog and Duck has to do with it I dont know.

You are right. I want to bring up the succession of mistakes in the succession of games. It has and will cost us....and if it costs me £200 off my season ticket I will be seriously vexed !

Listen, I'm all for blooding one of our own, and give me 11 home products than 11 others on the pitch every day of the week providing it's not detrimental to the club, but I can not defend Coleman week after week.

His error again led to the goal. A simple punch, but he just seems to lack the minerals when it comes to aerial situations and he lacks basic confidence. We are simply not in a position in the league where we can keep risking a keeper who makes an error every single game.

And it's alright saying "yeah but what about that save he made at 0-1" he's the reason we were 0-1 down, and making saves should be a pre-requisite of being a professional keeper.

When Lafferty goes, bring an experienced GK in on loan please. Then when the pressure is off, should we survive this season, Coleman can look to impress pre season and try and retain his #1 spot.

Kelly poor for weeks, gives the ball away repeatedly and misses so many obvious passes. Why does he take the pens too? Somehow his last two have squirmed in... very fortunate.

Are you seriously moaning at the fact that Kelly has only just scored the penalties.......jesus.

Unfortunately, as promising as Coleman is - and he is - this the third match on the run that he his mistakes have gifted the opposition a goal. This is costing us points - as is the inability of our strikers to hit the target.

So it's nothing to do with the fact the defence didn't clear it? They had a chance to but why blame them? It's as much their fault as colemans