Pitch or midfield ?

Guest nonaenever

Those rather jammy pens mask the fact that he has done bugger all else but give the ball away recently. No idea why he is bulletproof on here.

He should NEVER be a penalty taker - I honestly thought Shez would have seen that - he just doesn't look comfortable just prior - been exceedingly lucky to score the 2 recently - relieve him of his duties now before it may cost us. And agree - he was awful tonight - gave the ball away regularly and committing needless fouls in dangerous areas.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those rather jammy pens mask the fact that he has done bugger all else but give the ball away recently. No idea why he is bulletproof on here.

I agree he wasn't brilliant tonight (none of the midfield were) but it doesn't matter how he scores them as long as he does just that. There's no difference between a penalty rifled into the top corner and one that sneeks past the keeper, both count.......

Guest nonaenever

I agree he wasn't brilliant tonight (none of the midfield were) but it doesn't matter how he scores them as long as he does just that. There's no difference between a penalty rifled into the top corner and one that sneeks past the keeper, both count.......

Yes there is - my heart can't take much more of that type of penalty !

Watch his body language just before his v short run-up - it's not good and doesn't inspire confidence. We have to have a better penalty taker than that! If not, bring Maurice Whittle back out of retirement - don't think he EVER missed one (or Andy Liddell for that matter)?

Whatever people think about Coleman it really is the other end of the pitch people should be moaning about if we go down. We are joint lowest scorers in the league I think.

I'd expect most keepers at this level to make at least 1 mistake or potential :censored: up a game. A flawless keeper would be playing in the Champions League and until we actually start scoring that is the type of keeper we need to make the difference.

People need to realise that a goalkeeper no matter how young or who's youth ranks he came through Coleman is there to stop the opposition from scoring.

If he makes 5, 10, 15 saves in the game fantastic, he is trained to do it. One :censored: up though & he has cost his team points. What do those other save's count for!?

Coleman has recently been at fault for goals against Bury, Gillingham, Peterborough & Possibley Scunthorpe & now Port Vale? Cornell was nearly lynched for a similar run of form.

Can someone tell me why he should keep his place because this 'he's one of our own' bollocks isn't cutting it & at this rate Goalkeeping errors will be the end of our league 1 status.

Coleman has the potential to be an excellent keeper but we can't wait for him to fulfill that potential this season.

Edited by palmer1

He should be dealing with a ball better than he did, granted, however, how the defence allowed 3 successive corners to land on the six-yard box is beyond me. Do we not have a free man at the front post at the moment? As the corner directly before the goal was cleared by Gerrard as it landed before reaching the front post. Lack of organisation for that run of corners. We see mistakes every game by opposition GKs yet Coleman is the worst thing since slice bread. At Wigan he makes 3 too class saves, same at Scunny yet a mistake against Posh (we won anyway) and tonight makes him the current boo boy. Eardley, Taylor, Philliskirk, Winch at times and now Joel. Some fickle fans out there just wanting a moan. Decent point and yes the results elsewhere went against us but remain unbeaten and we stay up. Lay off Coleman as it could be so much worse if Cornell comes back in.

Well said that man. We need to start scoring more than 1 per game if we really want to stay up

People need to realise that a goalkeeper no matter how young or who's youth ranks he came through is there to stop the opposition from scoring.

If he makes 5, 10, 15 saves in the game fantastic, he is trained to do it. One :censored: up though & he has cost his team points. What do those other save's count for!?

Coleman has recently been at fault for goals against Bury, Gillingham, Peterborough & Possibley Scunthorpe & now Port Vale? Cornell was nearly lynched for a similar run of form.

Can someone tell me why he should keep his place because this 'he's one of our own' bollocks isn't cutting it & at this rate Goalkeeping errors will be the end if our league 1 status.

Coleman has the potential to be an excellent keeper but we can't wait for him to fulfill that potential this season.

Not many are saying that we stick with him since he is one of our own. They are saying stick with him as he is potentially a very good keeper.

Cornell was absolute :censored:e and always will be :censored:e! We need to start scoring more

Not many are saying that we stick with him since he is one of our own. They are saying stick with him as he is potentially a very good keeper.

Cornell was absolute :censored:e and always will be :censored:e! We need to start scoring more

He is concedeing a goal every game due to his own errors. How is that different to Cornell?

People need to realise that a goalkeeper no matter how young or who's youth ranks he came through Coleman is there to stop the opposition from scoring.

Simon Mignolet was being lauded for exactly this type of performance on Sunday, though I agree, we need a new keeper

And as for the pitch - it is an absolute disgrace for professional football

Simon Mignolet was being lauded for exactly this type of performance on Sunday, though I agree, we need a new keeper

And as for the pitch - it is an absolute disgrace for professional football

Yes he was & the reason Liverpool didn't win the Cup.Some decent save's but ultimately one error cost his team glory.

That was absolutely :censored:e. Midfield didn't get close to Grant. He ran the show. I'll stay in and watch Happy Valley next time. Absolutely terrible...

Anthony Grant has impressed me every time I've seen him. Off the back of that I'm surprised he's still playing for :censored:e like Vale and Crewe.

Think it's evident Coleman and Cornell, context aside, should not be in net for us at this current moment.

Strikers are :censored:e, it's actually quite funny just how bad they are. Poleon please if not just for his raw physical presence. Holloway is there for that, isn't he...

Also, Kelly ought to abdicate penalty duty as a responsible leader. Will cost us sooner or later.

Edited by NewBlue

Can someone tell me why he should keep his place because this 'he's one of our own' bollocks isn't cutting it & at this rate Goalkeeping errors will be the end of our league 1 status.

At fault against Bury and Gillingham ... Please explain?!