Pitch or midfield ?

What good to our battle to stay up is always getting on our goalkeepers back going to do?

I see zero benifit in this at all its counter productive. If people can not accept that he is a young lad learning his trade and will make mistakes then that is just daft. Yes he has cost us a few points. He has also won us a few too.

If we go down we will not go down because of joel coleman. His mistakes will be long way down the list of reasons if we do go down.

It's an observation that he's clearly making too many errors which are costing us much needed points that we can't afford to lose being in a relegation battle.At this rate Shez will be forced to make a change by bringing in a keeper on loan.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, I'm all for blooding one of our own, and give me 11 home products than 11 others on the pitch every day of the week providing it's not detrimental to the club, but I can not defend Coleman week after week.

His error again led to the goal. A simple punch, but he just seems to lack the minerals when it comes to aerial situations and he lacks basic confidence. We are simply not in a position in the league where we can keep risking a keeper who makes an error every single game.

And it's alright saying "yeah but what about that save he made at 0-1" he's the reason we were 0-1 down, and making saves should be a pre-requisite of being a professional keeper.

When Lafferty goes, bring an experienced GK in on loan please. Then when the pressure is off, should we survive this season, Coleman can look to impress pre season and try and retain his #1 spot.

Yep, lets hope we can someone of the quality like Paddy Kenny or Jake Kean again.

So it's nothing to do with the fact the defence didn't clear it? They had a chance to but why blame them? It's as much their fault as colemans

Its not though:

- Corner comes in.

- Coleman punches it straight up in the air.

- Its headed as clear as possible with the number of men around the ball.

- Volleyed in, takes a deflection and goes in.

Coleman's fault......

Its not though:

- Corner comes in.

Coleman's fault......

Did it go up in the air? I thought it kind of stayed at stomach/chest height... (I might be wrong)

I hate seeing it punched at the best of times but he's really, really bad at it. Yet keeps trying it.

Edited by HarryBosch

Its not though:

- Corner comes in.

Coleman's fault......

I haven't criticised Coleman here but today was simple....he was under no pressure and should have caught the ball for me. The questions reference defence clearing after that wouldn't be there then!

Did it go up in the air? I thought it kind of stayed at stomach/chest height... (I might be wrong)

I hate seeing it punched at the best of times but he's really, really bad at it. Yet keeps trying it.

Kind of sideways and a bit up, i think. Basically not the greatest punch ever seen.....

We keep blasting Coleman for errors, but seem to forget that at the other end none of the strikers look like they have a goal threat between them. But that's apparently ok because " they put a shift in" !! If we go down it's more likely be the goals for total rather than the goals against.

Guest nonaenever

Got to admit it's hard to defend Coleman after that one - but we are stuck with him for now whether we like it or not. What we worried me more was the lack of "fight" in the team. Other than Holloway, I am struggling to think of anyone that was willing to give blood, sweat and tears. Similar to Scunthorpe, we looked tired (even Palmer tonight lacked energy) and we have to find a way to re-energise the team. Beginning to really dislike home games - the atmosphere is dire and we are just flat. Just hope this glut of home games in March doesn't actually end up being our undoing because we do look far better away (even though tired at Scunthorpe, we gave it a right good do in second half). Today we were lifeless and I was actually grateful for a point. Other results largely gone against us again, although Donny dropping like a stone. How crucial is the Blackpool game looking ?!

How can Coleman not be defended? Playing on a wet pitch with a wet ball which, from experience, will be impossible to catch. When the ball was played back to him with not enough legs on the :censored: pitch it stops and it's his fault how? If he had have come for it he would have either been rounded or took their man down, so he can't win.

Some latics 'fans' have a habit of creating a boo boy out of a decent player (furman & philli ect), granted I'm not saying he is our best player but he's the best we've got. If you'd rather have Cornell then you might as well check yourself into broadmoor now. And I think we must be close to the amount of loanee's we can have so that rules bringing anyone in.

At this point last year he came into the side full of confidence and played well and most people were happy pre-season to have him in as number 1 for the season so when he gets his confidence back he should be back to this. Shez needs to get this back into him and then his performances should get back to how they were at the end of last season.

he can't catch or kick, and thats not taking the piss or being harsh on the lad. its a genuinely true statement as he can't do either consistently. wet ball or not if he could punch properly they wouldn't have scored when they did. he trains every day and is meant to be a pro but is falling below min pro standards thats why people are on his case. one or two mistakes fair enough but its every week. at fault bradford, at fault peterborough, partially at fault scunny and tonight fully at fault. he needs taking out of the team as he's costing us a goal a game. time for cornell to be given another go.

He should be dealing with a ball better than he did, granted, however, how the defence allowed 3 successive corners to land on the six-yard box is beyond me. Do we not have a free man at the front post at the moment? As the corner directly before the goal was cleared by Gerrard as it landed before reaching the front post. Lack of organisation for that run of corners. We see mistakes every game by opposition GKs yet Coleman is the worst thing since slice bread. At Wigan he makes 3 too class saves, same at Scunny yet a mistake against Posh (we won anyway) and tonight makes him the current boo boy. Eardley, Taylor, Philliskirk, Winch at times and now Joel. Some fickle fans out there just wanting a moan. Decent point and yes the results elsewhere went against us but remain unbeaten and we stay up. Lay off Coleman as it could be so much worse if Cornell comes back in.

Got to admit it's hard to defend Coleman after that one - but we are stuck with him for now whether we like it or not. What we worried me more was the lack of "fight" in the team. Other than Holloway, I am struggling to think of anyone that was willing to give blood, sweat and tears. Similar to Scunthorpe, we looked tired (even Palmer tonight lacked energy) and we have to find a way to re-energise the team. Beginning to really dislike home games - the atmosphere is dire and we are just flat. Just hope this glut of home games in March doesn't actually end up being our undoing because we do look far better away (even though tired at Scunthorpe, we gave it a right good do in second half). Today we were lifeless and I was actually grateful for a point. Other results largely gone against us again, although Donny dropping like a stone. How crucial is the Blackpool game looking ?!

We looked very flat and the first half was terrible.

The second half was still way better than anything we saw under Dunn though.

Cassidy looked better when he came on. I'd start him ahead of Main on Saturday.

We really need Murphy to find his Crawley form for me. As good as Holloway is I've never seen a forward look so unlikely to ever score. Apart from Main maybe.

Fingers crossed Forte is back on Saturday.

What's going on with Poleon? We had zero pace in the side tonight. He could have done alright against their defence I reckon.

he can't catch or kick, and thats not taking the piss or being harsh on the lad. its a genuinely true statement as he can't do either consistently. wet ball or not if he could punch properly they wouldn't have scored when they did. he trains every day and is meant to be a pro but is falling below min pro standards thats why people are on his case. one or two mistakes fair enough but its every week. at fault bradford, at fault peterborough, partially at fault scunny and tonight fully at fault. he needs taking out of the team as he's costing us a goal a game. time for cornell to be given another go.

Whoaaa! Let's all calm down a bit. We've all had a drink........

He should be dealing with a ball better than he did, granted, however, how the defence allowed 3 successive corners to land on the six-yard box is beyond me. Do we not have a free man at the front post at the moment? As the corner directly before the goal was cleared by Gerrard as it landed before reaching the front post. Lack of organisation for that run of corners. We see mistakes every game by opposition GKs yet Coleman is the worst thing since slice bread. At Wigan he makes 3 too class saves, same at Scunny yet a mistake against Posh (we won anyway) and tonight makes him the current boo boy. Eardley, Taylor, Philliskirk, Winch at times and now Joel. Some fickle fans out there just wanting a moan. Decent point and yes the results elsewhere went against us but remain unbeaten and we stay up. Lay off Coleman as it could be so much worse if Cornell comes back in.

I didn't hear anyone giving any grief tonight (that he would've heard).

Did I read someone say it's time to give Cornell a go again? Forget a clanger not catching a ball - he just allows strikers to head the ball inside the 6-yard box whilst he feet remain locked to the line. Never seen a keeper so poor at commanding his box. If the option is Coleman or Cornell it's a no brainier and not sure when or whether we are allowed to bring in a keeper on loan.

Listen, I'm all for blooding one of our own, and give me 11 home products than 11 others on the pitch every day of the week providing it's not detrimental to the club, but I can not defend Coleman week after week.

His error again led to the goal. A simple punch, but he just seems to lack the minerals when it comes to aerial situations and he lacks basic confidence. We are simply not in a position in the league where we can keep risking a keeper who makes an error every single game.

And it's alright saying "yeah but what about that save he made at 0-1" he's the reason we were 0-1 down, and making saves should be a pre-requisite of being a professional keeper.

When Lafferty goes, bring an experienced GK in on loan please. Then when the pressure is off, should we survive this season, Coleman can look to impress pre season and try and retain his #1 spot.

What sort of decent experienced keepers are going to be available? It's not as if we haven't got a record of bringing in disastrous loanees.

Whoaaa! Let's all calm down a bit. We've all had a drink........

haha i know, he's just as bad. last time i saw him he got out jumped by a southend striker when he was at full stretch but if we can't get a loan in he has to be given another go. coleman has cost us too many goals lately and both are the worst I've ever seen, poorer than brill. its going to be wet saturday, the only thing he will catch will be a cold

Are you seriously moaning at the fact that Kelly has only just scored the penalties.......jesus.

Those rather jammy pens mask the fact that he has done bugger all else but give the ball away recently. No idea why he is bulletproof on here.

Guest nonaenever

I didn't hear anyone giving any grief tonight (that he would've heard).

That's true - and credit to the fans for that. I also agree with the comment about Poleon - pace would have been very useful tonight. Whenever Murphy comes on I cringe - he is so slow and also hopeless in the air. It's clear he just is not going to cut the mustard here so let's at least inject some pace. Let's face it, none of our forwards can really score but pace and a bit of luck will produce the odd goal here and there for someone (even if not Poleon himself).