I'm all for abusive chanting at the away fans, especially when the away fans are from our neighbouring town. And - hell - chuck in a swear word or two for good measure.

But. BUT.

'You're just a town full of pakis' and 'Allah is your leader'.

Hang your heads in shame, you :censored:wits.

A small minority, I know. But, for the first time in my life, I was ashamed to be an Oldham fan. Disgusting.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

These things happen everywhere - just don't give them the oxygen of publicity - which you have done by posting about it. If 99% of the crowd are good - that'll do for me - you will always have a minority of loons. And don't forget - nigh on 2,000 home fans who ain't been for a fair while came along today. May have attracted a few looking for a dust up etc.

These things happen everywhere - just don't give them the oxygen of publicity - which you have done by posting about it. If 99% of the crowd are good - that'll do for me - you will always have a minority of loons. And don't forget - nigh on 2,000 home fans who ain't been for a fair while came along today. May have attracted a few looking for a dust up etc.

It happens everywhere so just ignore it? Wow.

And what has a few idiots looking for a dust up have to do with racist chanting? Lost me there.

Edited by pinevillawill

Guest nonaenever

having followed football for a long time - I think you'll often find a correlation between those who want a scrap and their political tendencies and views on race. And yes - ignore it - it then goes away. Publicise it - and you feed it - simple really.

Guest nonaenever

Considering there were at least four stewards directly in front of me - no. Was any action taken? No. Am I surprised? No.

C'mon - the stewards at Latics do a great job - I`ve often witnessed them chastising 12 year old little boys in the Rocky for daring to stand and sing - whilst totally ignoring moronic behaviour (and racist chants) from away fans (stood up for 90 mins incidentally) - amazing our stewards - really amazing.

Guest nonaenever

Astonishing comment.

Why is it so astonishing? - Actually you are boring me now - so don't bother answering - as I said you are simply giving the loons the oxygen they want by publicising it - simple thing to understand for most but to you - it's astonishing.

Why is it so astonishing? - Actually you are boring me now - so don't bother answering - as I said you are simply giving the loons the oxygen they want by publicising it - simple thing to understand for most but to you - it's astonishing.

Because you've suggested the best way of tackling racism is by ignoring it. When do you pick up your Nobel Peace Prize?

I was sat in the North Stand next to the Chaddy. In all honesty, all i heard was 'town full of paedos.' I must be going deaf.

That's all I heard as well to be honest so it must have been a small minority....still doesn't make it right

I was sat infornt of the 2 rows of rochdale fans that were in the exec seats and thought it was a good idea to celebrate!

I've done loads of away corporate and always been walked to the away stand 5 mins before kick off"............Latics of course must be hoping they come back for more!

Stewards looked like startled rabbits as usual

Guest nonaenever

Because you've suggested the best way of tackling racism is by ignoring it. When do you pick up your Nobel Peace Prize?

Trust me - I`ve done more for racial harmony than you'll ever do - you are coming across as one of those leftie types who never shuts up about it - as others have said - it must have been a VERY small number of people - hardly a racism problem at BP is it - so let it go now.

I'm all for abusive chanting at the away fans, especially when the away fans are from our neighbouring town. And - hell - chuck in a swear word or two for good measure.

But. BUT.

'You're just a town full of pakis' and 'Allah is your leader'.

Hang your heads in shame, you :censored:wits.

A small minority, I know. But, for the first time in my life, I was ashamed to be an Oldham fan. Disgusting.

Can anyone else clarify this actually happened??

Did no-one get chucked out for lobbing that full bottle of coke at their winger?

I didn't see anyone get chucked out over it. No one got chucked out over the less full bottle against Gillingham either.

I thought their #12 was lucky not to get booked for that, it was obvious what he was doing. That doesn't excuse the bottle being thrown at him though.

Donal McDermott ex City youngster who seems to have always had a bit of an attitude problem and thinks he's better than he is - 1st class prick.

The corner he took for the OG was way outside the quadrant as well but the Lino was too busy checking his hair was still in place to notice.......not that I'm bitter or owt obviously!

Considering there were at least four stewards directly in front of me - no. Was any action taken? No. Am I surprised? No.

If you where that offended did you not think to report it to a steward yourself? Atleast by bringing attention to they could of checked the CCTV in the police box

City/united proved today why i hate both them clubs so much. Too many bandwagoners who are grade A :censored:. City fans doing air plane signs 20mins after the end. Coin throwing and just constant abuse between each other, instead of watching the match. 99% of latics fans are spot on, small minority of pricks at every club ruin it. This allows football fans to still be labelled as 'hooligans' and treated as such.

City/united proved today why i hate both them clubs so much. Too many bandwagoners who are grade A :censored:. City fans doing air plane signs 20mins after the end. Coin throwing and just constant abuse between each other, instead of watching the match. 99% of latics fans are spot on, small minority of pricks at every club ruin it. This allows football fans to still be labelled as 'hooligans' and treated as such.

Honestly reckon you're fooling yourself to think there's a big difference between Latics and most other clubs.

Just read the original post of this thread!