The EU referendum - 23rd June

Matt

The EU referendum  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the UK to leave or remain in the EU?

• Leave the EU
    • Remain in the EU
    • Currently undecided

This poll is closed to new votes

Hilarious. Like the people who bought the extra £350m a week for the NHS bollocks.

Leave said they could spend £350m (which I admit was an incorrect figure. It should have been £250m after taking back the rebate) on things like the NHS, amongst other things. They later clarified this when questioned numerous times, and said £100m for the NHS, At the end of the day Vote Leave were not a political party, but were treated like they were by the media, and could not make such decisions. It will be up to the government to spend that money on the NHS.

There's nothing to stop you doing it even after brexit !!!!!!!

Alot of people will be just look at some of the most popular google searches right now. Many of whom will pay alot of tax into the system. Working class hero Boris Johnson will know this and will be trying to appease his friends in the city knowing it's importance to Britain economically. Which should see them get certain incentives to stay. The rest of us will get a kick in the bollocks.

Edited by GlossopLatic

You know what as much I disagree with the result another referendum is a none starter. We have to go with what has been decided and try and make the best of it this is the price of democracy.

I have to say I agree with that. Absolute non starter. Anyway the Brexit camp are now not only saying that the savings (if they exist) will not only not go on the NHS but that immigration may well not change at all. Liam Fox is also saying there should be a "period of reflection" before considering invoking Artcle 50. Proof that these people really have no plan and expected to register a protest only. Now they've won they haven't got a :censored:ing clue what to do. And the people voted for this *shakes head*

I have to say I agree with that. Absolute non starter. Anyway the Brexit camp are now not only saying that the savings (if they exist) will not only not go on the NHS but that immigration may well not change at all. Liam Fox is also saying there should be a "period of reflection" before considering invoking Artcle 50. Proof that these people really have no plan and expected to register a protest only. Now they've won they haven't got a :censored:ing clue what to do. And the people voted for this *shakes head*

Unfortunately their are people who have felt disillusioned with politicians many of them are white and working class. Like the Trump voters in the US and the Marie le Penne voters in France. They see criminals and benefit cheats below them who won't contribute and bankers and millionaires at the top who can but won't. They hear a government constantly talking about cuts and austerity and find it almost impossible to get on the housing ladder. Their jobs are constantly at threat from changes in technology and cheap labour abroad. While this solution they have chosen won't change that. I believe politician's need to think smarter in how to deal with these concerns.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Completely accept the result, just a pity that the winners don't have a :censored:ing clue what to do now.

The 'winners' don't have to do anything, that's the government's job. We could support our economy by buying British where possible though.

When you go to Oldham games you can see we don't have the cleverest supporters the ground is filled with casual racists and people who would struggle to gain a basic GCSE.

Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the leave voters in oldham chose leave because they thought we could 'get rid' of muslims. How ill-informed you all are.

I’ll tell you what was at the top of my reasons to leave (by a country mile) and many of my social group. Voting out was THE only way to grab the European politicians attention.

Aboard the Gravy Train at our expense, they are out of control. My generation and the one in front of us signed up to a Common Market in 1973 - not an insidious and constant erosion of our ability to govern ourselves. No elections from the ruling body in 43 years is theft.

Our own politicians are almost as bad for going along with this hijack although they did have the foresight to avoid joining the Euro.

We can only guess where it’s going end but it’s not going to stop.

I really can’t believe how the ‘remains’ are so gullible they are willing to sell our country down the river without a vote to do so.

Are there any of the ‘remainder’s’ on here who, if we weren’t members, join today?

Cameron gave us a vote in order to give him a chance of winning the last election. I and over 17,000,000 others grabbed it with both hand.

WE WERE NOT PREPARED TO LET OUR COUNTRY SLIP THROUGH OUR HANDS WITHOUT BEING ASKED.

That over 16,000,000 others were is quite shocking. IMHO.

Further, ‘getting rid’ of Muslims was on no one’s manifesto. It seems we are still being misinformed now we’re out.

Immigration is going to be major problem for the foreseeable future, IN or OUT.

Was created a month before the referendum by a leave voter. The aim was for the government to trigger a second one if the turnout was below 75% and if the majority vote was below 60%

That petition is a joke and a complete insult to democracy.....a bit like the EU.....let's keep on voting until we get the result we want??!!

We had a free, democratic vote and one side won, end of.

I've also heard youngsters moaning about the result and comments like "50 year olds have stolen our future".....it's everyone's future ffs!!!

Also notable that the turnout amongst younger voters was much lower than older age groups.......you had a vote and if you didn't use it because you were in bed, down the pub, on Tinder or on your PlayStation then tough :censored:!!

|

That petition is a joke and a complete insult to democracy.....a bit like the EU.....let's keep on voting until we get the result we want??!!

We had a free, democratic vote and one side won, end of.

I've also heard youngsters moaning about the result and comments like "50 year olds have stolen our future".....it's everyone's future ffs!!!

Also notable that the turnout amongst younger voters was much lower than older age groups.......you had a vote and if you didn't use it because you were in bed, down the pub, on Tinder or on your PlayStation then tough :censored:!!

|

You're right it's everyone's future I just hope everyones future I just hope the older generation realise the effect this is going to have on their pensions and the NHS who they expect to care for them in the future.

Maybe they voted for unfettered access to live and work in Paris, Barcelona, Munich or Milan. Rights they have now been denied by those too old to consider such things, we should hang our heads in shame.

I'm working towards moving me, my wife & kids abroad in the future - probably Spain, possibly somewhere else. Nothing has changed.

Have you travelled much? Do you travel much? Not having a pop, I just keep reading similar sentiment to what you've posted and it makes me wonder...

I'm fortunate enough to have been able to over the years and everywhere that anybody would reasonably like to live, EU or otherwise, has plenty of British ex pats, young and old. There are more in Spain than, eg Thailand or Argentina but it is, after all, a hell of a lot closer.

As for entering far flung countries I can't recall having to go through the simple process of applying for, and sometimes paying, for the odd entry visa ever having seemed a problem. Or feeling particularly "fettered". But we'll never have to do that anyway for mainland Europe.

There's a big, big world out there - don't be such an insular Little European.

Edited by HarryBosch

You're right it's everyone's future I just hope everyones future I just hope the older generation realise the effect this is going to have on their pensions and the NHS who they expect to care for them in the future.

Go on, what effect is it going to have....?