Message from the Club: Let's all behave

Guest nonaenever

Superb support today. Stewards, as ever, walking around "acting hard" trying to drum up trouble. One day someone will serious do one of them in - sick and tired of hearing the fans being slagged off - open your eyes and see who is really causing the trouble - the f......in stewards and co

Has it actually been confirmed that clubs are being fined for setting off flares? The FA must be raking it in as they are going off at most away ends all over the country these days. I was right next to both of them, agree that people shouldn't be throwing em about but they don't bother me, infact i thought it did add to the atmosphere. Highlight of the day for me was the steward pulling out the young lad who set it off, the young lad in his defense turned round and said it wasn't him, his hands were blue. Tickled me anyway.

Bloke with his young son sat behind me repeatedly threatening to smash someone's :censored:ing head in in the box above was a highlight.

I'm not arsed if the club gets fined over these :censored:ty smoke bombs, it's not my money.

I do mind if it leads to allocations being reduced/more games being made all ticket though.

Allocations being reduced and games being made all ticket. We are OAFC not Millwall for :censored:s sake.

You wouldn't have thought so with all those horses outside :-0 I think someone is mistaking us for Millwall or the local constabulary took the opportunity for a bit of overtime. I'm sure there's more trouble on the average weekend night in Blackpool than there would ever be at the game yesterday.

Superb support today. Stewards, as ever, walking around "acting hard" trying to drum up trouble. One day someone will serious do one of them in - sick and tired of hearing the fans being slagged off - open your eyes and see who is really causing the trouble - the f......in stewards and co

I was in the side stand. The stewards in there were decent.

Numerous times they could have thrown people out but they didn't. There was a couple of oldham fans in the home end who were spotted by stewards. They were taken into the away end rather than thrown out. Common sense prevailed which is a rarity amongst those in yellow/orange jackets.

Also didn't the lads who invaded not get carted. Common sense there. No over the stop stewarding just ushered them back.

Regarding the police horses from what I saw there was 3. Hardly a big deal. Given that an away following of 1365 if you believe the scoreboard are around a tightly compacted residential area, it's unsurprising

Edited by Omar Don't Scare

Loads to worry about with these smoke bombs causing another Bradford.

The Valley Parade stadium, long-established home to Bradford City Football Club, had been noted for its antiquated design and facilities, including the wooden roof of the main stand. Warnings had also been given about a major build-up of litter just below the seats. The stand had been officially condemned and was due for demolition.

The match against Lincoln City had started in a celebratory atmosphere, with the home-team receiving the Football League Third Division trophy. At 3.40 pm, a small fire was reported by TV commentator John Helm, but in less than four minutes, in windy conditions, it had engulfed the whole stand, trapping some people in their seats. In the panic that ensued, fleeing crowds had to break down locked exits to escape, and many were burnt to death at the turnstiles, which were also locked. There were many cases of heroism, with more than fifty people receiving police awards or commendations.

There does seem to be an increasing number of clubs using meathead doorman types as stewards. I'm surprised the police are OK with this...

It's okay slagging off the teenagers but what about the couple of 50 somethings who should be setting an example who fell onto the pitch and staggered off it when we scored the equaliser, :censored:ing cringe TV that was.

Doesn't matter your age. It's passion.

Why pal?

I take it Oldham Athletic is your team. Negative financial impact on a lower league side is something that's best avoided, no? Perhaps there might be a better way for a club with :censored: all money in the first place to spend 5 grand?