Message from the Club: Let's all behave

I take it Oldham Athletic is your team. Negative financial impact on a lower league side is something that's best avoided, no? Perhaps there might be a better way for a club with :censored: all money in the first place to spend 5 grand?

I'm speaking generally, if I am someone who takes one of these things into the ground I'm not worrying if the club gets fined, the prospect of a banning order or suchlike might focus my mind a bit more though.

If you look at the bigger picture everyone wants more fans to watch OAFC. The issue is the youth who attend are as impressionable as we all were when we first started attending.

The difference these days is you see Pyro and the like at all the big clubs on the TV so naturally it's copied to create an atmosphere, looks cool, causes a nuisance/hazard whatever your view. The same can be applied to all the songs that we copy & paste from the TV games.

If you want something different or the fans to behave then the last thing to do is post on the official website because fans will just do the opposite, see yesterday's Pyro and encroachments.

Do something old school, an inflatable day etc etc. Won't kill anyone

Omar is spot on.

End of the day, be glad these lads are supporting Latics, because the place they cotton on to these is from their City and United supporting mates who week-in-week-out get to have good away days. We get one or two a season.

Think of something else if needs be, but making games more sterile will just drive more young lads towards the Manchester clubs.

I have first hand experience of the negative effects of Pyro. Yes, it looks good, but due to being asthmatic it does me no good whatsoever. I was struggling to breathe for a few hours after the game at Anfield. When the smoke bomb went off at Burton I was just about the run for cover when the wind took hold.

Asthma effects 5.4 million people and kills 3 people a day in the UK. It's not a case of take an inhaler and it goes away. It kills, it hospitalises, it causes pain, days off work and school and effects quality of life. As much as I love going to away games, if pyro becomes more previlant I might have to stop because it's not worth my health.

There does seem to be an increasing number of clubs using meathead doorman types as stewards. I'm surprised the police are OK with this...

This includes Fleetwood, who were blatantly employing them and they didn't have a clue about the difference between rules for clubs and pubs and football grounds, might explain why they were more lenient on some stuff than you see at other places.

They had stewards in the gangways initially but they left before kick-off.

I don't want to be accused of misquoting the people concerned but to paraphrase "This is Sky Bet league one, if you want organisation go to the Premiership" that was still apparent yesterday.

There were also more people on that terrace than there were last year when it was "full".

As to the flares- the health and safety risks should be apparent, likewise the added atmospheric benefits, although when I've been near one, I felt it reduced the atmosphere due to respiratory effects, but being drunk in charge of one is a recipe for disaster. There were a lot of drunk fans there yesterday, and not all of them would identify as Oldham fans, I would doubt they would care as much about the consequences for Oldham if the club got fined.

3297422-6th-may-1975-west-ham-united-fan

Flares at the football - just say no

PLEASE :grin:

Which would you want to punch the most? The one with the white coat(!!!), the gobby little :censored:e the arrogant bastard in the middle or the lard arse at the other end? I'd go for fatty, because there'd be less chance of him catching me, but that little bastard.......