Expectations for next season.

I also reckon, a bit like Lee Johnson, Sheridan is now pragmatic enough to not play the attractive football he loves at all costs if there's a way of getting better results with the players at his disposal....

We'll lose some, we'll draw some, we'll win more than recent seasons....

This. Going into games before, I've never been confident that we could grind out a 1-0 victory. Every game we go into now I'm confident we can grind the result out.

New pitch, the cost I have seen quoted beggars belief, curse the new north stand blocking what little sun we have.

It's the main stand that keeps the sun off the pitch, the North Stand will make little if any difference.

Ah yes ice station zebra is in the northern hemisphere, my bad

It would keep the sun off the pitch in the Southern hemisphere :Australia:

move along nothing to see here :blush:

Assuming that he stays with us, I'd like to see a season where ISZ becomes a bit of a fortress. I have always accepted a rogue result against us at home once a season, but not teams breaking their unbeaten runs like this season.

I think with some decent players and a spread of youth and experience (Gerrard & Edmunson for example) I think a team spirit can be forged in no time.

With new arrivals, notably Bolton, we could have some decent games and with the facilities in the ground up n running make it a better place for newer fans and some of the 'lost' that may show an interest if Shez got the team winning as a habit as opposed to a novelty.

It's always nice for academy players coming into the squad and I'd like to think that causes envy further down the chain that wants others to emulate them.

All that said, at this moment in time I'd simply like Shez to stay with us, finish the season on a flourish and not to have to many concerns with regards to finances in the close season/transfer window.

.. is that asking too much? ha ha

We're going to do a Leicester. They looked doomed, escaped, and now they're going to win the league a year later.

If they can do it against City/Chelsea/Arsenal, why can't we do it against Coventry and Walsall?

In all seriousness if shez stays and we remain unbeaten in our last two games I don't see why we can't carry on the momentum and be up there... The clever punters that backed Leicester at the start of this year did it based on their finish to the season before...

We just need to find a lower league Mahrez and Vardy

In all seriousness if shez stays and we remain unbeaten in our last two games I don't see why we can't carry on the momentum and be up there... The clever punters that backed Leicester at the start of this year did it based on their finish to the season before...

I think the lower league Vardy will be lining up in France this summer!

You're right though, momentum could be key. Part of that though is not titting bout with the squad too much. Finishing the season well is great, but if we have a team including 5 or 6 new players on the opening day then it's a completely fresh start. To continue your Leicester analogy the only change to their regular starting line up has been Kante.

Croft and Cassidy? Poleon and Turner?

Edit - That reminds me, you mentioned the clever punters at the start of the year - well I just found my betslip that had Rhys Turner to be top L1 goal scorer this season at 50/1 after he had a good pre-season!

Edited by oafc-latics

It being Latics, probably a flirt with both promotion and relegation before we settle in 15th.

That said, the quality of the division is consistently quite low. Walsall and Bradford don't look great shakes for instance, and they're going well. If we can add goals to the defensive solidity we have had of late then we could get up in the play-offs.

"adding goals" is clearly not an easy task however and every manager will be thinking the same thing in that regard.

Guest nonaenever

Steady progress - consolidation - call it what you want. Don't want to place any undue pressure on the management team - so a top 10 finish would be fantastic IMO. Then have a right go the season after. All this is assuming Shez stays - if he goes - the doom and gloom will descend very rapidly. He simply has to stay and Simon Corney has to reward him and Shirtliff with improved contract terms to make sure they stay.

Don't want to place any undue pressure on the management team

Not a pop at you personally but why do so many people regularly post similar to this as if the club, players or managers give a flying :censored: how well, or otherwise, we expect them to do? As if it would make one iota of difference to to how they ultimately perform..... :lol:

Get over yourselves ffs :lol:

I expect 16th without spending any time in the bottom four but with the end of the 'emergency' loan windows it is crucial that we keep our manager as recruiting a band of players who will stay fit and fight for each other and the club on our low budget is the challenge for 2016/17.

I suspect budgets to reign supreme and correlation between league position and budget to be closer so another 20 years in league 1 if we don't get relegated!

I expect 16th without spending any time in the bottom four but with the end of the 'emergency' loan windows it is crucial that we keep our manager as recruiting a band of players who will stay fit and fight for each other and the club on our low budget is the challenge for 2016/17.

I suspect budgets to reign supreme and correlation between league position and budget to be closer so another 20 years in league 1 if we don't get relegated!

Surely with a better manager than most other clubs then the changes in the loan rules shouldnt hurt us as badly as it will hurt others.