Expectations for next season.

It was confirmed on Saturday that we will be playing next season in League 1 for the 20th time. With Shez looking like he is going to stay, despite the rumours from Bolton, what are your expectations for next season?

Erm...to sign some new players after losing some before making any predictions.

With Shez: Top half, maybe flirt with the playoffs.

Without Shez: Relegation.

If Shez does go I expect the next appointment to be closer to a Kelly or Dunn than a manager with a good lower league record or former hero. Meaning we'll be in near enough the same boat as 12 months ago.

9th place with never any hint of relegation - or automatic promotion. but hoping obviously for higher. :OASISscarf: I do hope for a good cup run to help bring in the crowds and entice SC to spend a bit more than he can afford for the season after.

As I have mentioned in a similar thread I think we may underestimate with what little money we have, how much of an increase is going to have to be spent on some behind the scene stuff.

A bigger squad and reserve / youth team and the cost of keeping them match fit in a reserve league because the production line of loan players will stop. This will have extra costs associated like medical / scouting / coaching.

New pitch, the cost I have seen quoted beggars belief, curse the new north stand blocking what little sun we have. :unsure:

The cost of a genuine 20 goal a season striker rather than throwing away money on a 'potential' may just be to much for SC but if Shez can persuade SC then fighting for promotion should be a reality.

Edited by Stagger Lee

14th having either flirted with relegation and pulled away or having flirted with the play offs and bombed.

It doesn't mean come the start of August I won't be dreaming of something unexpected.

A cup run would be nice next season failing an unexpected promotion push.

Edited by GlossopLatic

9th place with never any hint of relegation - or automatic promotion. but hoping obviously for higher. :OASISscarf: I do hope for a good cup run to help bring in the crowds and entice SC to spend a bit more than he can afford for the season after.

As I have mentioned in a similar thread I think we may underestimate with what little money we have, how much of an increase is going to have to be spent on some behind the scene stuff.

A bigger squad and reserve / youth team and the cost of keeping them match fit in a reserve league because the production line of loan players will stop. This will have extra costs associated like medical / scouting / coaching.

New pitch, the cost I have seen quoted beggars belief, curse the new north stand blocking what little sun we have. :unsure:

The cost of a genuine 20 goal a season striker rather than throwing away money on a 'potential' may just be to much for SC but if Shez can persuade SC then fighting for promotion should be a reality.

New pitch, the cost I have seen quoted beggars belief, curse the new north stand blocking what little sun we have.

It's the main stand that keeps the sun off the pitch, the North Stand will make little if any difference.

I want to see us finish a season with a points total higher that 50-something.

Looking back at our recent history, that would be genuine progress.

Anymore than that - play-off flirtation (or better), cup run (in FA or League) to get a decent tie or two, or a run in the FA Trophy to the final etc is a bonus.

Other than that - not sacking a manager / having to replace one that leaves, not signing/attempting to since a controversial player, not having a player sacked for match/fixing or other reputation damaging reason etc

what are your expectations for next season?

A tilt at promotion which may or may not pan out but mostly the buzz of going to matches knowing that the manager will be managing with the intent of us punching above our weight - wherever that takes us...

I also reckon, a bit like Lee Johnson, Sheridan is now pragmatic enough to not play the attractive football he loves at all costs if there's a way of getting better results with the players at his disposal....

We'll lose some, we'll draw some, we'll win more than recent seasons....

2001-2002 was good. We scored goals and had a good bit of fun. I'd settle for that in all honesty.

Apart from the 1-7 defeat at home to Cardiff. I'd rather not live through that again.

Expectations totally hinge on Shez staying - to continue the confidence we have at the moment - and also how ambitious our board is. Which in recent years hasn't been ambitious at all. Leicester have shown what can be achieved with a small budget, it ought to be a model to any small club punching above their weight.