Squad movements, summer 2016

Trying to pick a whole new team full of rough diamonds is not going to be easy one bit, nor is trying to organise them. Think many are looking for the Gerrard-types, as important in the run-in, who can give these lads a bit of backbone.

Expect these to be signed in the coming weeks, but I will be a little tetchy before the club announces them, I'll admit.

That's fair enough !

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Mantack is a right back, Stott is a central defender, Byrnes plays either wing or behind the striker and Knight is a midfielder.

Mantack is a stocky, very quick right back, great things expected of him.

Stott is a big old fashioned centre back.

Byrnes, slight build, plays wide.

Knight plays on the right wing, strong direct type.

Edited by BP1960

Great that the first post is kept up to date - easy to get lost on these matters.

So a total squad of 20 at the moment, but not all are contracted for the season and some (the recent professional contracts) are not going to be in or around the starting 11 for a lot of the season. How many more do we need? How many do we want?

Great that the first post is kept up to date - easy to get lost on these matters.

So a total squad of 20 at the moment, but not all are contracted for the season and some (the recent professional contracts) are not going to be in or around the starting 11 for a lot of the season. How many more do we need? How many do we want?

CB, winger (x1 or x2), centre mid, striker. Maybe one or two other squad fillers.

Mantack is a stocky, very quick right back, great things expected of him.

Stott is a big old fashioned centre back.

Byrnes, slight build, plays wide.

Knight plays on the right wing, strong direct type.

Cheers BP. Would be great to see them make a real run at the first team this season.

So a total squad of 19 (not counting Brown) at the moment, but not all are contracted for the season and some (the recent professional contracts) are not going to be in or around the starting 11 for a lot of the season. How many more do we need? How many do we want?

FIFY

I reckon we need a quality leader at the back plus one other CB, another left-back, a quality leader in CM, two wide players and a quality leader up front. Quality and leadership.

Seven in total for me.

What'll happen if one of goalies gets injured? Can we bring in an emergency loan?

FIFY

I reckon we need a quality leader at the back plus one other CB, another left-back, a quality leader in CM, two wide players and a quality leader up front. Quality and leadership.

Seven in total for me.

What'll happen if one of goalies gets injured? Can we bring in an emergency loan?

Yes, we could bring in another keeper on emergency loan.

FIFY

Seven in total for me.

I think just Clarke or someone like him will be enough at CB now. Him & Burgess first choice. Wilson can cover but I'd like to see Edmundson & Stott get games when needed

I think just Clarke or someone like him will be enough at CB now. Him & Burgess first choice. Wilson can cover but I'd like to see Edmundson & Stott get games when needed

If we sticking with 352 I'd like too Burgess Clarke and young Eddy starting

Reckon 1-2 more and we'll be done recruiting (whether we need more or not). Clearly a striker has to be on the list, and either a winger, or a forward who can also play on the wing.

I'd add another LB to the squad aswell. Unless Robinson is happy to have Wilson cover there if needed.