Squad movements, summer 2016

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we are short of players but over 100 new ones in today seems a bit excessive;

100 cups & bacon rolls later, breakfast meeting for 120 complete! Now on with lunch meetings #conference #oldham

It is for the next manager. Winner of Stand up Bingo gets the job-we do things right here!

Latest squad as of 5 July:

Current squad (contracted to date)

Connor Brown (2017)

George Edmundson (2017)

Kallum Mantack (2017 plus option)

Jamie Stott (2017 plus option)

Brian Wilson (2017)

Danny Byrnes (2017)

Lee Croft (out of contract but in training)

Lee Knight (2017 plus option)

Carl Winchester (2017)

Jake Cassidy (2017 plus option)

Rhys Murphy (2017 plus option)

Draw straws for who goes in net, got a full 11 to start against Millwall.

According to today's Chron the club didn't take up the option they had on Dieng's contract. If true, why on earth? I don't believe he would've been on a high salary and he had become a useful and versatile first team player.

According to today's Chron the club didn't take up the option they had on Dieng's contract. If true, why on earth? I don't believe he would've been on a high salary and he had become a useful and versatile first team player.

they must have seen the massive flaws in his games that I saw :)

shame as his improved once Shez arrived

Edited by palmer1

If that's true then its very strange decision, as he was excellent, particularly after Shez arrived back.

1) The option was possibly on terms greater than he was already on or;

2) We were under embargo during the relevant period or;

3) Someone forgot to activate or;

4) His replacement will be that good you'll forget Timmy ever existed?

1) The option was possibly on terms greater than he was already on or;

2) We were under embargo during the relevant period or;

3) Someone forgot to activate or;

4) His replacement will be that good you'll forget Timmy ever existed?

Embargo's are only with registering new players aren't they? Since he was already registered then it woudn't be a problem.

Be interesting to hear who decided and why we haven't taken up the option.

I look at the players who have been sold or released and I remember thinking at the start of last season that so many of them could've gone either way. They must take some of the blame themselves but it mainly says a lot about the effect of the false economy managerial choices that Corney made. I'm not saying that all of the players on the list would be first team regulars by now, but for pretty much every player from the squad to be out of the club and the majority moving downwards says a lot about how they were managed in the first half of the season.

Thankfully Shez did a great job of getting a tune out of the team to avoid the drop.

Hopefully we're over the worst of it now and Robinson looks like he might be a shrewd move, but the turnover of players we've had should be a clear indicator to Corney that cheap managers can be much more costly in the long run.

I look at the players who have been sold or released and I remember thinking at the start of last season that so many of them could've gone either way. They must take some of the blame themselves but it mainly says a lot about the effect of the false economy managerial choices that Corney made. I'm not saying that all of the players on the list would be first team regulars by now, but for pretty much every player from the squad to be out of the club and the majority moving downwards says a lot about how they were managed in the first half of the season.

Thankfully Shez did a great job of getting a tune out of the team to avoid the drop.

Hopefully we're over the worst of it now and Robinson looks like he might be a shrewd move, but the turnover of players we've had should be a clear indicator to Corney that cheap managers can be much more costly in the long run.

Says alot that Shez hasn't tried to sign any of them (that we know of!) for County.