Squad movements, summer 2016

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I look at this squad I do wonder how these bunch could be on anything near to the wages that last year's earned.

We've let go of some players who will have been on very decent money and I only see two who are probably high earners so far - Clarke and Flynn.

Will there be scope for a couple more bigger names?

When I look at this squad I do wonder how these bunch could be on anything near to the wages that last year's earned.

We've let go of some players who will have been on very decent money and I only see two who are probably high earners so far - Clarke and Flynn.

Will there be scope for a couple more bigger names?

How much do we contribute towards loan signings?

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if we'll hear about any decision on Croft staying soon?

I'd guess we'll hear at end of August when we should have all our signings in place. Contract until January at best if we can still afford him by end of August.

May be old news but have heard Winchester is on his way out

Yeh...someone else has said that...would be a shame but he's just not got the necessary drive and fitness to succeed at this level.

And then Croft will have the No10 shirt. He hasn't got the 24 that he had for pre-season.

Croft is a weird one.

Sheff Utd fans saw Flynn as "associated with failure," despite 3 playoffs in 5 years or whatever.

Croft's achievments for us are setting up Smith's goal vs Liverpool, and being vice-president of the banana gang, and he's been here for ages.

Edited by josh_latics