League shake up

The problem with any mid-season break in England is when to have it? Between the start of November and end of February there is a chance of games being called off due to weather. Every couple of seasons, it's more likely to just add to fixture congestion.

Hypothetically speaking you have 8 games less to play so you do have room to be flexible January time between FA Cup rounds 3 and 4 would be my choice fixtures in mid January are poorly attended and often most likely to be postponed 2 weeks off would still lead to fewer mid week games and just gives abit of flexibility. I'm not saying it's definitely what we should do but it gives us an option to explore which we can't really do in the 46 game league season.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen a few quotes by club chairmans seems there is a split between the prem championship and league one and two. Oxford's chairman makes an interesting quote stating that it would cost a league one club 185k a year.

According to today's Telegraph, Premier League clubs could be forced to pay another £22M to League clubs to convince them to vote for it

If the Manchester United B team were drawn at home to Oldham Athletic in the FL trophy I wonder if the rules insist it has to be played at their main stadium Old Trafford and not at their Under 21s venue at Leigh?

Edited by BP1960

I would personally be al for this, we have a lot of games and this would improve smaller teams of having some sucess in the league. How many divisions that seperates us and the Prem is all realative, as we are a million miles away. Can't see it happening, but would like to see it.

I would personally be al for this, we have a lot of games and this would improve smaller teams of having some sucess in the league. How many divisions that seperates us and the Prem is all realative, as we are a million miles away. Can't see it happening, but would like to see it.

Miles away but not unachievable (as a large amount of clubs in the last 10 years, who were miles away 10 years earlier, have proved). Nail in the coffin of hope.

I am not a fan of tues night matches, especially at BP in Winter. its bad enough that Saturday fixtures can get postponed due to bad weather. where do they move them to...Tues night...in Winter. I would look at NO tues night league matches during the winter months. Happy to sit in BP on Tues nights early on in the season, when the players are fit from their break, or postponed matches later in the season when we also have light evenings.

The unstated aim was always to marginalise the smaller clubs and ultimately separate the Premier league into a US style franchise model....promotion and relegation does not fit with the big clubs model

The sooner there's a European league the better, mind you after little success and fans on their backs our big clubs would soon want to Brexit.