• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the club should be trying to help, let him in to train. He would have got a contract but for the allegations.

Would he? Given the mass clear out over the summer and his lack of appearances prior to that I doubt it.

I don't have a problem if the club decides to take him back, after all Shez did give him a couple of starts, but to say he would have gotten a contract without the allegations is stretching it a bit.

Fully agree with Fruitygoo's comments about anonymity for the accused too. I've come across some people in my job accused of similar and worse crimes, they haven't had their names splashed all over the papers despite it being arguably more in the public's interests to do so. Anonymity for all would solve that issue.

I think you can work out were there may be some issues, in the Mail article he's had a knock back from a non league team because of the club's community values and he's going to struggle to make a living out of the game as he's not an established player and it's going to be difficult for him to prove himself.

I think you can work out were there may be some issues, in the Mail article he's had a knock back from a non league team because of the club's community values and he's going to struggle to make a living out of the game as he's not an established player and it's going to be difficult for him to prove himself.

I have no idea if he is good enough but for a club that tried to sign a convicted rapist and did sign a convicted killer it would be a strange place to draw the line on the basis of potential hassle.

Edited by Dave_Og

Might not be good enough but he's not done anything wrong so no hassle

Are we going over all this again? There is a whole world of possibilities in between, "not guilty," and, "perhaps not the sort of person it would be good for us to employ." You do know that companies can sack people who aren't criminals?

Would he? Given the mass clear out over the summer and his lack of appearances prior to that I doubt it.

I don't have a problem if the club decides to take him back, after all Shez did give him a couple of starts, but to say he would have gotten a contract without the allegations is stretching it a bit.

Fully agree with Fruitygoo's comments about anonymity for the accused too. I've come across some people in my job accused of similar and worse crimes, they haven't had their names splashed all over the papers despite it being arguably more in the public's interests to do so. Anonymity for all would solve that issue.

i obviously dont know for sure if he would have got a contract but he was captain of our youth team and had made his debut based on talent rather than injuries. Danny byrne got a contract despite never getting anywhere near the bench. He would appear to be in a great position, then outside influences hit

At the end of the day although he's avoided prosecution he cracked on with a 14 year old, I appreciate it was probably down to bad judgement but the fact remains he got himself involved in something that will probably put an end to the football career he had plans for.

At the end of the day although he's avoided prosecution he cracked on with a 14 year old, I appreciate it was probably down to bad judgement but the fact remains he got himself involved in something that will probably put an end to the football career he had plans for.

He didn't avoid prosecution.

A club that was willing to signed a convicted rapist can't take a moral stance against signing a lad who was found not guilty. It's not for the club to question the verdict in making a decision on whether to re-sign him - that should be based entirely on whether they think he's good enough.

A club that was willing to signed a convicted rapist can't take a moral stance against signing a lad who was found not guilty. It's not for the club to question the verdict in making a decision on whether to re-sign him - that should be based entirely on whether they think he's good enough.

Bit harsh to keep beating the convicted rapist drum, by whatever means the right decision on that was made, they apologised and we've avoided murkier areas since.

Bit harsh to keep beating the convicted rapist drum, by whatever means the right decision on that was made, they apologised and we've avoided murkier areas since.

I think it's relevant context to the notion of not signing Tuohy on the basis of the situation with this girl. And who apologised?

I think it's relevant context to the notion of not signing Tuohy on the basis of the situation with this girl. And who apologised?

Might be wrong but I think there was an acknowledgement that it was a poor period.

Montano and Tuohy behaviour was at best unprofessional, I've no issue with the decisions made to end our involvement with them.

Tuohy whenever I watched him always looked very average. If he was that good clubs from the championship would have took a punt on him by now surely.

Not sure about that logic. With the baggage and little proven experience, surely it'd be an endorsement of his potential to play at a higher level if a League 1 club took a punt on him...

If a Championship club took him on you'd have to think he'd be destined for the Premier League.

Not sure about that logic. With the baggage and little proven experience, surely it'd be an endorsement of his potential to play at a higher level if a League 1 club took a punt on him...

If a Championship club took him on you'd have to think he'd be destined for the Premier League.

Championship regularly take on trialist even players nowhere near good enough. Club that I have worked for in the championship took a 31 year old on trial from Luton that got released in the summer. He wouldn't have even made the reserves. Agents have a big influence on certain managers