• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It got a lot of coverage on the first day of the trial when the prosecution were going to town on him. They've not reported anything on the defence side of the case, which is bang out of order.

And par for the course for our media.... Maggots....

For the jury to chuck it out in less than an hour suggests he's done nothing wrong at all...

I'd bet my right bollock the lad on trial when I did jury service was guilty as hell but the prosecution put such a poor, lazy case forward we couldn't possibly find him so.

Not saying that's what's happened here (as you say - there's been zero reporting of the defence case) but it probably happens a lot....

Edited by HarryBosch

Good point. Never heard of a 16 year old attending school

On a point of information, a 15 year old who will be 16 after June but before the September term starts, can leave school on the last Friday in June. Someone who is 16 in October cannot legally leave school until the last Friday of June the following year, even though they reached the age of 16 well before then.

• 3 weeks later...

I like that he admits he was stupid for getting himself in that position. Interesting that the girls facebook profile had her at 17 and that the jury found him not guilty on all counts in less than an hour.

Good to see the PFA coming in to help and it also seems that Latics handled a difficult situation quite well.

I wish him all the best in the future, he and the girl have been through a terrible time.

I dont think we'll ever see him at latics...

He was stupid but it's another example of why the accused should be allowed anonymity... He's innocent (officially.. Despite personal views) so its unfair his career is in tatters

Edited by Fruitygoo

So he played for a while under investigation. Interesting.

Anybody itk got any idea whether the powers are considering taking him back. Is he even good enough?

Rightly so. He continued with us as normal until charged. If he is good enough I would take him back. Bit tired of mud sticking in these types of situations. It is totally unfair on the lad. The club handled this very well but a bit of support now would be helpful.