Questions for board

Blue_Guru

1) in the absence of a buyer what is the plan/strategy on progressing the football club? And how far ahead does the plan project?

2) how is the club being promoted to potential buyers and how much interest is there?

3) how has the new stadium impacted football budgets versus the initial expectations that were quoted as putting us in the top of this division in terms of budget?

Etc etc

Hello blue

Thanks for this, I think I have may have responded in the original post, but it's easy to miss...I bloody miss tons sometimes.

Also having a memory of a goldfish, it's been pointed put that some answers may have been partially answered in a couple of posts on this specific thread. Midsblue questions in the main and Simon Brooke's Trust rep update withe Feb or April too.

Please have a look and let me know after reading them if you want more clarification and I will ask for you at the next Q and A.

Cheers

Tracy

• 5 months later...
Did the questions raised by the OP get answered then? I'd say five months on they are just as relevant.[/quote

I think I asked after reading Simon Brooke's update if they hadn't and to please let me know.

Alternatively, Mark Moisley will be at the meet the manger q&a if your going you can ask the question directly

Edited by underdog

The trust will be seeking clarification on this for you chaddy, or if you are attending the meet the manger event you can ask Mark Moisley direct

Thank you Tracey but I think it should be cleared up immediately if we are paying our bills or not!

Rumours have been on the Dale site for quite some time now.

Thank you Tracey but I think it should be cleared up immediately if we are paying our bills or not!

Rumours have been on the Dale site for quite some time now.

Yep, I totally understand. I don't think I'm totally out of order to say that the Trust have asked to see the books so to speak and if the timescale is not met, I'm sure a formal request will be made too.

We have also reverted back to monthly meetings too

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I totally understand. I don't think I'm totally out of order to say that the Trust have asked to see the books so to speak and if the timescale is not met, I'm sure a formal request will be made too.

We have also reverted back to monthly meetings too

Sorry to lay this at your door again Tracey but I was told this evening that Rochdale have still not been paid. It's only hearsay but still............

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Hello Chaddy

I was hoping to give you a better update with regards to your Rochdale question and finances in general but....

There was a board meeting at the club this week and there was a miscommunication over time. The Trust rep arrived at the time he was told, only to find that the meeting had started and that finances had already been discussed, with not much time for him to be updated there and then.

I suppose I don't really need to say it but the clubs current financial state/plight is well document,with the transfer embargo in place as well, you can imagine there is a legal priority of who gets paid first.

I am lead to believe that any monthly payments we may have been entitled too I think from the EFL/FA, would now be controlled by that source and they would dish the monies owing out instead, rather than for us to be responsible for. I am lead to believe it is allocated on equal amounts to said club(s) rather than we owe x amount to this club, z amount to that club so that all owed clubs get something off the debt owed by OAFC. I believe as well the source of this money will also ensure/take out of that monthly pot first, any players pension funds that are due to be paid.

That's the easiest terms it has been explained to me, well I am blonde, old and a woman....I'm sure if I have gotten it wrong, their will be a swift ass kicking email coming my way to correct this hahah

I will of course, keep you posted

Thanks

Edited by underdog

Hello Chaddy

I was hoping to give you a better update with regards to your Rochdale question and finances in general but....

There was a board meeting at the club this week and there was a miscommunication over time. The Trust rep arrived at the time he was told, only to find that the meeting had started and that finances had already been discussed, with not much time for him to be updated there and then.

I suppose I don't really need to say it but the clubs current financial state/plight is well document,with the transfer embargo in place as well, you can imagine there is a legal priority of who gets paid first.

I am lead to believe that any monthly payments we may have been entitled too I think from the EFL/FA, would now be controlled by that source and they would dish the monies owing out instead, rather than for us to be responsible for. I am lead to believe it is allocated on equal amounts to said club(s) rather than we owe x amount to this club, z amount to that club so that all owed clubs get something off the debt owed by OAFC. I believe as well the source of this money will also ensure/take out of that monthly pot first, any players pension funds that are due to be paid.

That's the easiest terms it has been explained to me, well I am blonde, old and a woman....I'm sure if I have gotten it wrong, their will be a swift ass kicking email coming my way to correct this hahah

Thanks

In that case the trust rep should receive the full minutes of the meeting, including detailing what was missed.

Don't tell me the meetings are not documented?

Hello Chaddy

Thanks

Shady. As. :censored:.

Hello Chaddy

Thanks

Given the Trust rep has been the only member of the board I see in the Directors box on more than one occasion this season (I appreciate that sometimes the Directors are in the new stand) that adds another layer to the shadiness already covered.

Can someone please explain if by missing important bits of board meetings that the trust is able to meet its charter? I'm fully aware that the events covered were inappropriately taken out of the trust's control.

With regards to what may I ask?

"There was a board meeting at the club this week and there was a miscommunication over time. The Trust rep arrived at the time he was told, only to find that the meeting had started and that finances had already been discussed, with not much time for him to be updated there and then."

That is. Unless I've missed an update where he's now been brought up to speed then that's ridiculous

"There was a board meeting at the club this week and there was a miscommunication over time. The Trust rep arrived at the time he was told, only to find that the meeting had started and that finances had already been discussed, with not much time for him to be updated there and then."

That is. Unless I've missed an update where he's now been brought up to speed then that's ridiculous

Cutting through the fluffy :censored:, sounds like your mate Corney is doing the dirty.

I will try and cover the above questions in one post:

Club board meetings: I don't attend them but we get updates from your trust rep. The recent one is the only one to date where a miscommunication over the time has happened under Simon Brooke's tenure. With regard to the frequency of them, I can't recall off the top of my head if they are set like once a monthly etc, however I think club directors have been thin on the ground until recently Anna and Neil left so that might explain that with regards to irregularity. Meeting notes documented and published? Again I don't know where they are and if they are. I think it's been clarified on another thread that they dont have to be. The trust ones are but we are little behind on publishing them onthe website so apologies for that one. The trust previous months are submitted them at the start of our meetings and they are approved/seconded.

What Simon Brooke does do, is to ensure he is at the club one day a week. Giving up his own time/running his own business to be as much on hand to help the club and to keep the trust updated weekly too.

Finances: with regards to what your trust rep missed, he has been updated since. Hence me able to let you know roughly whats been happening with the ongoing embargo and where the Monthly FA finances are being directed too.

With regards to match day directors box. The chairman has recently had an idea to changed the format on match days and it's invite only into the box pitch side so unless he is invited, Simon Brooke won't be in there. Maybe he is making it more business focussed, well that's my personal opinion. Your trust rep hopes to continue what he is doing on match days to be on hand in the north stand in the bar side raising the trusts profile and generating leads for the club

Edited by underdog