2016 Budget Lower Than Last Years

So if last year we had £1.3 million budget and this years is lower, say £1.2 million.
That works out with a squad of 23 players at just over £1,000.00 per week per player, I wish I was earning this level of money and when you look at how many players are going to be available I think it should be achievable, just saying from a bit of number crunching.

Ian

So if last year we had £1.3 million budget and this years is lower, say £1.2 million.

That works out with a squad of 23 players at just over £1,000.00 per week per player, I wish I was earning this level of money and when you look at how many players are going to be available I think it should be achievable, just saying from a bit of number crunching.

Ian

Crunching made up numbers isn't really helpful......

Coaches?

Manager?

Are you including these in the budget - i'd hazard a guess we'll be asking top earners to play for closer to £35-£40k than £50k per year and lest face it, there will be more on offer all over the place

Edited by Fruitygoo

Leicester City. Burton Albion. Accrington Stanley.

All allowed to keep teams together and build over a few years. That's the difference, we're starting with a blank canvas with in all reality a rookie manager - and yes Adams and Bunn come into that bracket...but I still believe Corney will be blown away by another no mark's powerpoint if it saves £50 a week...

Coaches?

Manager?

Are you including these in the budget - i'd hazard a guess we'll be asking top earners to play for closer to £35-£40k than £50k per year and lest face it, there will be more on offer all over the place

You're right the budget is just that includes all staff too. Thus the reason why we're offering top targets £400 a week - another snippet from the scout I know. Taffizolli went to Peterborough on £800 a week, word within the game is that 'Oldham expect two or three players for that'

I'm a realist, I know we're up :censored: creek without a paddle but we'll never compete downsizing year on year, I said this over 5 years ago, many shouted me down but many of those have since walked away and no longer post on here. I'd love to be where we were 5 years ago with Chris Taylor, Kieran Lee, Dean Furman, M'Voto et al

Look where we are now? The troubling issue is that Corney has done such a good job reeducating the fans and press into accepting and managing lower expectations year on year that the penny has dropped almost by stealth, and no matter who gets the job he's being set up to fail by the way the club is run and just when you think it couldn't get any worse there's no safety net of emergency loans this year outside of the windows. (Not necessarily a bad thing as long as your squad is big enough)

If ever there was a year for getting your house in order this is it...

First I have no idea what footballers earn so I am talking without knowledge

However given that the minimum wage is£7.20 which is about £285 a week for 40 hours which is about £15000 a year I do find it difficult to rationalise that a first team professional footballer is playing for £20000 year. I just don't see it

You'd be very surprised, obviously the figures mentioned are basic so there will be some bonuses on top for some players. Nothing is uniform...a Blackpool supporting mate who is mates with Matt Williams their former club secretary now Chief Exec at Shrewsbury tells me Danny P was on well under a grand here - and has doubled his money at Blackpool. Like him or not Danny P was one of our main men...

Edited by oafcprozac

You'd be very surprised, obviously the figures mentioned are basic so there will be some bonuses on top for some players. Nothing is uniform...a Blackpool supporting mate who is mates with Matt Williams their former club secretary now Chief Exec at Shrewsbury tells me Danny P was on well under a grand here - and has doubled his money at Blackpool. Like him or not Danny P was one of our main men...

Moog (Matt Williams) now has a very good job at Burnley-he has done really well for himself, as has DP financially if that is correct.

Moog (Matt Williams) now has a very good job at Burnley-he has done really well for himself, as has DP financially if that is correct.

Yeah sorry I recall him mentioning summat about Burnley. What concerns me is we've relied on a lot of goodwill in getting loanees here and the vast majority of wages paid, now that we have to commit to half-season loans as a minimum means we may have to bung more money towards wages. We have to build a squad of 20 minimum this year even before loanees I'd say.

Under the present regime I think there's no chance unless we're signing exclusively from League 2 and the pyramid.

You listen to too many people.

I presume FL clubs are still bound by the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP) http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php, where clubs are restricted to spending 60% of turnover on players wages. However, I didn't realise that owners donations to their clubs could be included in the 'turnover' figure.

First I have no idea what footballers earn so I am talking without knowledge

However given that the minimum wage is£7.20 which is about £285 a week for 40 hours which is about £15000 a year I do find it difficult to rationalise that a first team professional footballer is playing for £20000 year. I just don't see it

I do know of only 1 players wage, from some time back now, because an ex boss was a scout for a non league team. He was on £25k here. That, of course, was then.

Well under a grand a week is still a lot of money. £800, the other example, is £41,500 per year. I don't believe that is poorly paid for this level despite some extravagant claims. Blackpool clearly overpaid because they were is desperate straights at the time (and look how that ended up) and everyone said he didn't want to go even if he was doubling his money. They have significantly more money than we have, despite the their huge losses.

Apart from the Chris Moore Era, we've always scrabbled around a League below or cast offs. The trouble is the cast offs are now getting paid ridiculous money and enjoy a very comfortable living in the stiffs.

Our budget has gone from £1m a year when LL & LforE looked at the books to around £1.25m in roughly 10 years. Of course, some around us have caught up a nd over taken but others have fallen behind.

I guess I am saying it's probably always been like this!

Yeah sorry I recall him mentioning summat about Burnley. What concerns me is we've relied on a lot of goodwill in getting loanees here and the vast majority of wages paid, now that we have to commit to half-season loans as a minimum means we may have to bung more money towards wages. We have to build a squad of 20 minimum this year even before loanees I'd say.

Under the present regime I think there's no chance unless we're signing exclusively from League 2 and the pyramid.

People will refuse to believe you and think everything is fine and we're going to get promoted!

We are where we are. There is no rich benifactor coming to oldham. It is only us the fans that can move the club forward. In simple terms the more fans attending games will provide a bigger budget for better players. Staying away or boycotting will only increase the decline, Alternatively, 3000 fans paying a pound a week to playershare will fund two quality players which at our level may be the difference between a season of toil and challenging at the right end of the table for a change.

We are where we are. There is no rich benifactor coming to oldham. It is only us the fans that can move the club forward. In simple terms the more fans attending games will provide a bigger budget for better players. Staying away or boycotting will only increase the decline, Alternatively, 3000 fans paying a pound a week to playershare will fund two quality players which at our level may be the difference between a season of toil and challenging at the right end of the table for a change.

Agree with playershare being important. Ricardo fuller though

Playershare is undoubtedly helpful to the club. My only issue is that if fans were to contribute considerably to playershare, that Corney would cut the wage budget further on the premise that a healthy sum was coming into the club via Playershare funds. Basically we would not see the benefits of the scheme.

Playershare is undoubtedly helpful to the club. My only issue is that if fans were to contribute considerably to playershare, that Corney would cut the wage budget further on the premise that a healthy sum was coming into the club via Playershare funds. Basically we would not see the benefits of the scheme.

This. Playershare should complement a healthy budget, not provide a further excuse to 'cut the cloth'.