Steve Robinson

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

It's more a gut feeling and with football that is about as scientific as anything.

Little things that I like, such as the high pressing, fact he hasn't said anything stupid, doesn't have Kelly's vacant stare and even the kick off give me hope.

Edited by ddot_m

Both sides created a number of chances, can't say any of them were particularly good - however, we had the better.

The fact both teams had 8 shots each in total tells you chances were created. We should of scored either or both of Erwin and mckays headers

McKay header, McKay shot, Erwin hitting the post - that do you?

Erwin hitting the post was a rebound from Flynn's shot. Mckay's shot from the 23 yards out? Mckay header I'll give you.

2 clear cut chances created I wouldn't really define as lots.

Edited by NewBlue

I think the intention was there on Saturday, even though we played quite safe and didn't create a glut of chances some of the build up play was quite encouraging and it looks like there is something there, particularly liked Reckords forays down the left, maybe Mchlaughlan could do a similar job when fit on the right?

I think the intention was there on Saturday, even though we played quite safe and didn't create a glut of chances some of the build up play was quite encouraging and it looks like there is something there, particularly liked Reckords forays down the left, maybe Mchlaughlan could do a similar job when fit on the right?

I agree. We started to pen them in a bit as Fane and Green in particular started to press higher up the pitch but there was never an outlet ball.

Reckord and Erwin were the two who looked to have the final ball required. Perhaps Mckay just needs to sharpen up a bit.

Erwin hitting the post was a rebound from Flynn's shot. Mckay's shot from the 23 yards out? Mckay header I'll give you.

Your original question asked what chances there were - I gave you three. They were all chances.

I'm quite impressed with SR and the players so far.

I was expecting us to be very dour & organised based on what he'd said pre-season, and I would have been fine with that provided results were half decent, but he's already got us playing far more attractive football than I was expecting.

Millwall was terrible but, unless he's just fluked it, he seems to have very rapidly addressed most of what was wrong in that match.

On the basis we'll only get better and the goals should eventually come I'm optimistic about the season.

His interviews are very straight aswell. No bull:censored:, no trying to be overly clever or funny, very articulate.

If his messages to the players are put across so clearly we might do pretty well.

Also, is getting rid of practically the whole of last seasons squad indirectly a potential masterstroke? These players don't seem to have the bad habits or losing mentality the last lot did (yet :unsure:)

I agree. We started to pen them in a bit as Fane and Green in particular started to press higher up the pitch but there was never an outlet ball.

Reckord and Erwin were the two who looked to have the final ball required. Perhaps Mckay just needs to sharpen up a bit.

I've got a feeling Mckay is of the "all he does his score goals" variety. He'll knock in 12-15 while doing little else.

That'll be fine with me but not so fine with the Paul Warne Appreciation Society.

I've got a feeling Mckay is of the "all he does his score goals" variety. He'll knock in 12-15 while doing little else.

That'll be fine with me but not so fine with the Paul Warne Appreciation Society.

I thought he was quite wasp like and hard working in the first half.

McKay's chance from the edge of the box was a good one. On the flip side, going off the extended highlights we didn't give up many, if any clear cut chances did we? They had a few decent shots from distance that needed saving, but nothing as clear as the chances we had. Promising. Tempting me to make the effort for Bury away.

McKay's chance from the edge of the box was a good one. On the flip side, going off the extended highlights we didn't give up many, if any clear cut chances did we? They had a few decent shots from distance that needed saving, but nothing as clear as the chances we had. Promising. Tempting me to make the effort for Bury away.

It was more promising than exciting. We look like we have quite a few players who will be exciting to watch, though.

Edited by NewBlue

He chases down loads of lost causes.

More like warne if you ask me.