Steve Robinson

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What negativity? There's the Kelly tag but Robbo has loads more experience than Kelly and I'm really pumped up now.

Negativity is against the board taken their time but if we had to wait for Robbo to return from coaching for Northern Ireland at Euro2016 (read that and digest) then I understand why and perhaps a better option now than Evans.

Just the recruitment now because of the timescales with only 4 weeks until kick off....Dummigan and Lafferty for me, Hughes at the back and we've almost got a NI back four. Midfield will be key and the flanks. Exciting time now with Robbo impressing himself on mass recruitment

Edited by Midsblue

AT LAST!!!

Well, at least this soap opera helped me get through the dreaded close season.

Could be a very good appointment. He might only stay a couple of years, but it could help finally turn us around (perhaps, maybe, a bit, possibly make tenth - i'm not being negative, i just don't want to jinx it).

Good luck Robbo.

What negativity? There's the Kelly tag but Robbo has loads more experience than Kelly and I'm really pumped up now.

Negativity is against the board taken their time but if we had to wait for Robbo to return from coaching for Northern Ireland at Euro2016 (read that and digest) then I understand why and perhaps a better option now than Evans.

Just the recruitment now because of the timescales with only 4 weeks until kick off....Dummigan and Lafferty for me, Hughes at the back and we've almost got a NI back four. Midfield will be key and the flanks. Exciting time now with Robbo impressing himself on mass recruitment

Spot-on, Mids.

I am so relieved that Evans rejected the club's offer.

Bring on the new squad!

Spot-on, Mids.

I am so relieved that Evans rejected the club's offer.

Bring on the new

you talk of Hughes as a saviour but he only played once for Motherwell last season and 10 for Brighton the previous season. So why was he not playing if he is our saviour

you talk of Hughes as a saviour but he only played once for Motherwell last season and 10 for Brighton the previous season. So why was he not playing if he is our saviour

I didn't call Hughes a saviour?! I only mentioned Hughes because people suggested we were signing him.

Looking forward to Robinson though. He's getting a lot of best wishes from the footballing community so seems well liked and highly respected as an up and coming coach/manager

Really had my Club loyalty tested these last few months with everything that's going on, particularly with the shock (to me) departure of Sheridan after he saved us from the drop

Got to the stage of deciding to pick my games that I thought worth attending both at Home & Away

Cant explain how "f in brilliant" it feels this morning with the new Manager appointment

Try as a might to kid myself I don't care anymore, OAFC in whatever guise is simply in my DNA

"We get knocked down

But We get up again

You're never gonna keep us down"

Smiling again :chubb:

Yep I meant the negativity towards the club/board.

I'm happy with this appointment although I just hope we don't invest to much faith in him. While a first team manager is key in any club? If we fail it won't solely be down to him and if we succeed it won't solely be down to him. If/when he leaves I hope lessons are learned and any foundations he lays are built on.

Football must be one of if not the only business that puts so much faith in a middle manager to transform it's fortunes.

You'd expect us to sign some non Motherwell players with Turnbull and O'Driscoll on board

If anything I'd have thought they'd have already lined up some players given they've been here a week. Maybe Robinson rejected them.