Steve Robinson

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't about a honeymoon period for me. I just think the guy is looking and sounding like he has a clue so in the long run I think he will do well.

Normal service in terms of expectations? Wasn't that just survival 3 weeks ago? If he achieves top half this season then I would ne satisfied. I do hope people wont get on his back if mid table is where we end up given our last 7 seasons are 17, 18, 16, 19, 15, 15, 17.

I agree about a striker though.

The expectations thing regards individual games, Robinson has been given a little bit of leeway regarding results overall because of the nature of how he took the job with barely a 5 a side team 3 weeks before the start of the season. Now we have a squad together which is 1 or 2 light of where I'd like to be but now we really need to start putting some points and even goals on the board now I don't think the excuse of what he inherited is valid anymore. Like you I think top half would be a reasonable season for us, although I would break it down a bit further and say lets try and get into the top 10 by the end of January and lets see where we are from there. If we are in that 15th - 18th spot then aim for the top 10 by the end of the season, If we are in the top 10 then go for the play offs.

Their is a lot of bull:censored: flying about from the ambition police telling us what are expectations should be and most of t seems to be based on assumptions. We all want better than the usual 15th-18th we all know the club can do better and underachieves, but just because we are not expecting a promotion charge every season doesn't mean we don't want success.

Edited by GlossopLatic

The expectations thing regards individual games, Robinson has been given a little bit of leeway regarding results overall because of the nature of how he took the job with barely a 5 a side team 3 weeks before the start of the season. Now we have a squad together which is 1 or 2 light of where I'd like to be but now we really need to start putting some points and even goals on the board now I don't think the excuse of what he inherited is valid anymore. Like you I think top half would be a reasonable season for us, although I would break it down a bit further and say lets try and get into the top 10 by the end of January and lets see where we are from there. If we are in that 15th - 18th spot then aim for the top 10 by the end of the season, If we are in the top 10 then go for the play offs.

Their is a lot of bull:censored: flying about from the ambition police telling us what are expectations should be and most of t seems to be based on assumptions. We all want better than the usual 15th-18th we all know the club can do better and underachieves, but just because we are not expecting a promotion charge every season doesn't mean we don't want success.

Agreed. I'm sure Robinson will be aiming for top 10 as a minimum, even if he ultimately falls a little short. He seems ambitious and confident in his own ability.

People keep saying Cassidy is one that will be off. Robinson has praised him in interviews and he started at Preston. We need at least 4 strikers with experience on the books and he is one of them.

Brown and Winchester haven't had a look in at all & their days are numbered.

If the out goings don't happen before Tuesdays game check the squad vs Carlisle. Cass will be in imo but Brown & Winchester won't be taking part in a meaningless game as they are not in his plans.

People keep saying Cassidy is one that will be off. Robinson has praised him in interviews and he started at Preston. We need at least 4 strikers with experience on the books and he is one of them.

Brown and Winchester haven't had a look in at all & their days are numbered.

If the out goings don't happen before Tuesdays game check the squad vs Carlisle. Cass will be in imo but Brown & Winchester won't be taking part in a meaningless game as they are not in his plans.

I honestly don't consider Cassidy a professional footballer. He's that bad I just accept we have 3 strikers.

If you want to keep one of Winchester and Cassidy it really is a no brained.

For me, despite his talent, Winchester epitomises the general apathy that has surrounded the club and players for the last few years. Gone.

Cannot fault Browns commitment, he just doesn't appear to be capable of reaching a level beyond where he currently is.

Gone.

Cassidy appears to be the only one with the potential to not be the other two. He has gone backwards; which means that he can go forwards. Persist until January.

I would keep Wilson.

For me, despite his talent, Winchester epitomises the general apathy that has surrounded the club and players for the last few years. Gone.

Cannot fault Browns commitment, he just doesn't appear to be capable of reaching a level beyond where he currently is.

Gone.

Cassidy appears to be the only one with the potential to not be the other two. He has gone backwards; which means that he can go forwards. Persist until January.

I would keep Wilson.

With respect, I think anybody who had watched all play would say out of Brown, Cassidy and Winchester, the latter is the only one with any obvious potential to improve. He's teetering on the brink of whether he deserves the chance, it would be fair to say, and clearly needs a manager like Johnson who can push him in the right direction. We don't know if Robinson is that man or wants to be that man. However a player shouldn't be released on the basis of his ex-teammates...

That being said, I do expect Cassidy to stay and the other two to leave, just on the basis we can't ship him out.