Press conference today

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear oh dear....his initial aim is to make sure this team stays in this division...........

Discussing a fight against relegation before a ball is kicked?

Ranieri's first press conference last year. He wanted one more point than the previous year. http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/huge-turnout-for-ranieris-first-press-conference-2559649.aspx

Pretty sure Dazzler aimed for promotion.

Of course his first goal is staying up. We've released 90% of the squad, it's his first job in management, and we needed a near-miracle last season.

Ranieri's first press conference last year. He wanted one more point than the previous year. http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/huge-turnout-for-ranieris-first-press-conference-2559649.aspx

Of course his first goal is staying up. We've released 90% of the squad, it's his first job in management, and we needed a near-miracle last season./quote

His first goal then is to do exactly what we have done for last 20 years. Can't wait

I thought he came across very well again.

You can hear on the video that the journalists were all going to be granted a 1 to 1 with him if they wanted it.

It's understandable that they would want to save their best questions for their private interviews, so they can generate some unique content for their media outlet.

It's not like a Jose Mourinho press conference where their only opportunity to ask him anything is in front of everybody else.

It's quite possible that - once the cameras were off - the journalist/s had more time with the manager off camera and they asked some better questions then. If they work for a print newspaper they might want a line that's not already live on facebook - hence the easy questions earlier.

Of course his first goal is staying up. We've released 90% of the squad, it's his first job in management, and we needed a near-miracle last season./quote

His first goal then is to do exactly what we have done for last 20 years. Can't wait

And once you do the first goal, you move onto the second.

If we are get to 50 points by early february, we will change our view.

Is that the best the press can come up with? After the last couple of months they should have been bombarding him with questions. It was like they weren't listening to his answers and asking him the same old :censored: over again. He sounds positive though and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

Edited by PaulNTom

It was a press conference to introduce a manager....

What were people expecting? If journo's ask :censored: questions that's not anyone's fault is it?

Lets be positive about the fact that he is positive. He actually helped the journos by giving better answers than the questions deserved.

I like the fella so far.

As Bozman says, you don't want to throw your best questions into the general section for everyone if you've got a separate interview on your own. And I thought mine were alright!

Edited by OAFCMIKE

As Bozman says, you don't want to throw your best questions into the general section for everyone if you've got a separate interview on your own. And I thought mine were alright!

To be fair to you, you were the only one who did ask an interesting question (2 in fact) in the press conference.

I assumed you were better prepared than the rest and had more kept back for your 1 to 1. Although, I guess the Daily Mail will be less inclined to give little Oldham many column inches compared to the local press.

You can always :censored: off elsewhere

That would be some achievement after all the relegation gloom and doom talk,

To be fair to you, you were the only one who did ask an interesting question (2 in fact) in the press conference.

I assumed you were better prepared than the rest and had more kept back for your 1 to 1. Although, I guess the Daily Mail will be less inclined to give little Oldham many column inches compared to the local press.

Unless we sign Boris Johnson

That would be some achievement after all the relegation gloom and doom talk,

There's the problem BP......we are being led to accepting that finishing 19 th next season would be a successful season despite finishing 17th last season

I think every managers initial aim is to to keep the club in division.

Get to the 50 point mark and if that is Jan or Feb reevaluate. If that is the 46 game then he has achieved his aim.

There is no point in saying we are going to be promoted as it will only make him look a fool if he doesn't achieve it.

Yes every manager, coach, chairman & fan wants their club to be at the top end of the division but let's be honest we don't have the budget or yet the players to be thinking like that.

I fully support the new gaffer when he says "Get the building blocks and foundations in place and then make progress"