Chris Kettings signs

Back up keeper.....

And the others. Having a read up a bit, other than Ripley, none so far are coming missed from their respective previous clubs.

I'm usually oprimistic with pre-season signings and it's usually proved to be unfounded so there's no reason to think I'm right this time.

Personally though, I've not been wowed by any of signings.

Edited by longtimeblue

And the others. Having a read up a bit, other than Ripley, none so far are coming missed from their respective previous clubs.

I'm usually oprimistic with pre-season signings and it's usually proved to be unfounded so there's no reason to think I'm right this time.

Personally though, I've not been wowed by any of signings.

Ripley and Erwin should be decent. Law and Reckord adequate league one players.

I know what you're saying though. I'll be starting to flap if the next signing's of a similar standard.

An experienced CB, CM and striker and I'll relax a bit....

He's from Wigan, used to play junior football with him. He was at the time the short fat kid that used to be put in goal. Shows where practice gets you and a bit of growth! Mind you expect he wont play much and will then drop into non league.

on checking his playing record it appears very poor.For a 23 year old his most appearances were at Hyde between Jan 14 and April 14. he never played for C.P.and his last match at Bromley in Dec 15. He has only played 34 games in 6 years.What have the club seen in him that all other clubs have not.

on checking his playing record it appears very poor.For a 23 year old his most appearances were at Hyde between Jan 14 and April 14. he never played for C.P.and his last match at Bromley in Dec 15. He has only played 34 games in 6 years.What have the club seen in him that all other clubs have not.

That he's cheap and will do as a backup goalkeeper?

Obviously had enough about him to tempt Palace and Blackpool, however briefly.

so we sign 2 x 23 year keepers. Both are under 20 internationals. One was with a Premier league team last season , one with a championship club. Neither have played a football league game.

however the experts on here have decided one is good and one is crap.....how in heavens name do they know?

You can't always tell from past clubs, Carlo Nash himself was playing non league until 23yo, and he didn't turn out so bad.

so we sign 2 x 23 year keepers. Both are under 20 internationals. One was with a Premier league team last season , one with a championship club. Neither have played a football league game.

however the experts on here have decided one is good and one is crap.....how in heavens name do they know?

I know this doesn't quite suit your argument but Ripley played 36 games for Motherwell last season & gets good reviews from their fans, Kettings played 17 for Bromley throughout 2015 & has never played a professional league game....

I sincerely hope that if Ripley does get injured he's amazing, but.....

I know this doesn't quite suit your argument but Ripley played 36 games for Motherwell last season & gets good reviews from their fans, Kettings played 17 for Bromley throughout 2015 & has never played a professional league game....

I sincerely hope that if Ripley does get injured he's amazing, but.....

I assume he got the approval of Carlo Nash, so will take his judgememt.