New Signings

Our new manager and 4 of our new signings were in they SPL last season? The runaway champions of that league have just lost to the champions of Gibraltar. Are there any football pitches in Gibraltar?

Edited by Magister

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our new manager and 4 of our new signings were in they SPL last season?

The runaway champions of that league have just lost to the champions of Gibraltar.

Are there any football pitches in Gibraltar?

Is this a question or a statement?

This is relevant to the Latics, because...?

Obviously there is, otherwise there wouldn't be any football teams.

Even though you took the time out to edit your post, it still doesn't make any sense.

Go to Poundland and buy yourself a brain.

Even though the Scottish league isn't the strongest as we all know I would imagine if the Lincoln red imps were to play a whole season they would no doubt finish bottom of the league. Tongue in cheek or not it appears your post was to create a sense of " how crap are we going to be "?

Our new manager and 4 of our new signings were in they SPL last season? The runaway champions of that league have just lost to the champions of Gibraltar. Are there any football pitches in Gibraltar?

Celtic probably lost on purpose so they would sell a few more tickets for the return game ,

who would go if they won the 1st leg 6-0 !!!!

Celtic probably lost on purpose so they would sell a few more tickets for the return game ,

who would go if they won the 1st leg 6-0 !!!!

You never know the Gibraltans might go completley defensuve and force a 0-0 draw.

So, what do we still need?

A left-back, two centre backs, a centre mid, a winger

Minimum.

Hopefully there's room in the budget to bring in some quality.

Add in another striker possibly 2, and another Centre mid.and maybe 2 more who can play one or 2 positions across the midfield players like Dieng and Jones could do that their versatility will need replacing. I'd personally like to see at least 1 set piece expert amongst those players. We also need to think about a captain and a vice captain a couple of strong personalities who can rally the others.

Add in another striker possibly 2, and another Centre mid.and maybe 2 more who can play one or 2 positions across the midfield players like Dieng and Jones could do that their versatility will need replacing. I'd personally like to see at least 1 set piece expert amongst those players. We also need to think about a captain and a vice captain a couple of strong personalities who can rally the others.

We've got Cassidy, don't forget. 4 strikers I suppose might be realistic, but surely they'll just be basic back-up.

Apparently Law is a set-piece expert, and he's versatile, so is Flynn. I'd bet Woodland is too. If Hughes comes then I'd guess he'd be the club captain. But yeah, one or two more experienced heads might be necessary.

18 players registered so far, squad of 23/24 means at least 5/6 more signings, maybe more if Brown and/or Cassidy leave.

2 centre-backs (Hughes and Burgess based on rumours), at least one centre mid, winger (Ideally needs to be quick, so we can strech teams similar to how Forte would) and striker (Baxter?).

I'd say thats the minimum needed. Then look at getting another option at LB and someone who can play across the midfield. Possibly a 5th striker later in the window if the budget will allow.

To be honest think its looking good so far, much happier with players who have something to prove. we had a lot of deadwood whether people believe that or not. Doubt shezz would have been able to sign Flynn or Mckay. .