Trust Oldham are Looking for former OAFC players

From the Trust oldham website. www.trustoldham.co.uk. Can you help?

Trust Oldham are working with the club to create a new group with the aim of keeping former players in touch with the fans of Oldham Athletic.

With the help of former Chief Executive, Alan Hardy, the group will provide a consistent and dedicated link with former players and managers. The intention being that players from former eras will be regularly invited to matches, club events and reunions.

Celebrating our history and the achievements of Oldham teams, and particularly players and managers of the past, is something we shouldnt be afraid or embarrassed to do.

We all have our heros, and I want to ensure we have regular opportunities to meet them and relive those formative football experiences together. I also want to create an environment where our former players feel very much part of the present.

Speaking with a number of ex-players over the past season they all retain a special affection for the club, Id like to make sure that remains the case. said Trust director Simon Brooke.

With the help of Alan and the club Trust Oldham will begin the process of contacting former players and managers over the coming weeks.

Trust Oldham are hoping to provide ambassador roles on match days for 2-3 former players as part of the group.

Edited by underdog

Pretty sure the club has recently been provided with Rick Holden's contact details. And Frank Bunn's. And Neil Adams'.

Hmm....me thinks you could be right on that one and if no-one record it at the club or kept a copy of their CV with it on, then we really are in the cap..haha

Many ex Latics players regularly post on twitter and facebook so are not difficult to contact. For example I've just spotted Alan Young (who is a broadcaster now) on twitter.

I enjoy doing a bit of internet research so I could look up lots of ex stars and provide social media contact details if required.

A few that follow me and all seem very contactable...

@bigmarshy20 - Ian Marshall

@nicky24858 - Nicky Henry

@frankiebunn9 - Frank Bunn

@markinnes1978 - Mark Innes

@Willhaining - Wil Haining

Rick Holden is on Facebook

Edited by palmer1

It's good that the club is doing this but really it should have already allocated a director to coordinate this sort of project many years ago - just a touch base with former players in a sort of pastoral role. Useful for doing interviews for match day programmes or the official website and for the sad occasion of a legend like Jimmy Frizzell passing.

Anyhow great that it is finally happening - and credit to the trust and it's people for volunteering. :chubb:

A few that follow me and all seem very contactable...

@bigmarshy20 - Ian Marshall

@nicky24858 - Nicky Henry

@frankiebunn9 - Frank Bunn

@markinnes1978 - Mark Innes

@Willhaining - Wil Haining

Rick Holden is on Facebook

Mike Flynn, Matthew Tipton & Mark Innes all on Facebook Craig Dudley often drinks in the Bluebelle