7:30pm kick off v Wigan on Tuesday

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't speak from first hand experience, because I wasn't there, but it seemed as though we were the better team and created plenty of chances. Just didn't put them away. Maybe it needs one to go in off someone's arse and boost the confidence to kick on from there. Not much time to put it right, though.

I think the one up top was paul garita. Def looked like him.

The starting 11 looked good. Easily a match for wigan and i actually think there is goals in that front two once they get a couple more games. Paul is a def sign for me, controlled the game. The number 4 worth a contract and reminded me of dieng

Can't speak from first hand experience, because I wasn't there, but it seemed as though we were the better team and created plenty of chances. Just didn't put them away. Maybe it needs one to go in off someone's arse and boost the confidence to kick on from there. Not much time to put it right, though.

Better team? Afraid not. No 4 gave the goal away ( needless foul) and tried hard to give another 2 away. I had more touches than number 23. Burgess fine. I will have his right boot when he has finished with it . It will still be brand new. Clarke very good . Law very calm and composed but distribution and pace a concernBlindingly obvious we lack pace. Well organised ....we ain't going to be involved in many 3-3 draws

Better team? Afraid not. No 4 gave the goal away ( needless foul) and tried hard to give another 2 away. I had more touches than number 23. Burgess fine. I will have his right boot when he has finished with it . It will still be brand new. Clarke very good . Law very calm and composed but distribution and pace a concernBlindingly obvious we lack pace. Well organised ....we ain't going to be involved in many 3-3 draws

In fairness, I'm only going off Latics Wall, so it may not have told the full story. But it did seem as though we played some decent stuff. Also, blindingly obvious we need goals.

Motm for me was 4.Overall a decent performance by this new team and unlucky not to score but again we need a fox in the box to put away the chances we create.Signs of promise though for sure.

I think the one up top was paul garita. Def looked like him.

The starting 11 looked good. Easily a match for wigan and i actually think there is goals in that front two once they get a couple more games. Paul is a def sign for me, controlled the game. The number 4 worth a contract and reminded me of dieng

A pacy left winger and a goalscorer needed,not keen on Josh Law at right back gets turned too easily. The two centre backs, left back and defensive midfieders are fine I would hope once the season starts Flynn and Banks will impose themselves on the game more. Croft good again.

Edited by BP1960

In fairness, I'm only going off Latics Wall, so it may not have told the full story. But it did seem as though we played some decent stuff. Also, blindingly obvious we need goals.

I know and understand......tells you something about the myopia of Latics wall though?

Is it worth giving Crofty a contract instead of this month to month lark?

Guess it's incentive to keep his weight down...a contract might just see him balloon again

Thy must be confident he needs us more than we need him essentially

Edited by Blue_Guru

A pacy left winger and a goalscorer needed,not keen on Josh Law at right back gets turned too easily. The two centre backs, left back and defensive midfieders are fine I would hope once the season starts Flynn and Banks will impose themselves on the game more. Croft good again.

Yeah a good left winger and striker and I think we have a pretty decent side. I do think with a couple more games McKay and Erwin could be a good partnership. I think Id need to see more of Law to make a proper judgement. The other three at the back and the keeper look solid though. I liked Banks, Green and Flynn in mid.

We still look a little short of fitness and sharpness and its a shame we dont have a few more games before the season starts.

Guest nonaenever

Does anyone think we will ever sign a striker again who is actually capable of scoring goals?

I ask because, quite simply, without one (oh for two!) it is going to be a very long, hard season. I`ll support them as ever but we need to be seriously realistic about our prospects this season.

Motm for me was 4.Overall a decent performance by this new team and unlucky not to score but again we need a fox in the box to put away the chances we create.Signs of promise though for sure.

Not MOTM for me, did some very nice things but also made a few mistakes, worth a short term contract though. Reads the game well and some good interceptions but silly fouls

Does anyone think we will ever sign a striker again who is actually capable of scoring goals?

I ask because, quite simply, without one (oh for two!) it is going to be a very long, hard season. I`ll support them as ever but we need to be seriously realistic about our prospects this season.

What'll happen to those of us who aren't?