7:30pm kick off v Wigan on Tuesday

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really get the hype over Mantack he looked busy but I didn't see him beat his man and only put one cross into the box. This resulted in Green shouting :censored:ing pass half way through the half

Bluddy hell.......it's good to have shouty leaders on the field, but Mantack is a raw, 1st year professional that needs help in learning his job both in attack and defence.

SR in that LP interview said that we're looking at 4 new players (maybe 5 if the budget can stretch that far) and that if we get Green and Osman that would see our centre of midfield sorted. On paper Green and Osman would be ideal signings. Will be interesting to see who the pacy winger and striker will be.

How would Green fit into a midfield? The holding man?

Fane sounds like a decent punt. Stirred interest from higher clubs recently and played well on trial suggests contract offer to me.

Fulfills a space which we need filling. What struck me looking at our signed-up midfield is that there is no actual CM. Nobody who can do a combination of passing and tackling - skews the balance.

Intrigued by how Robinson will work the midfield. Assuming Flynn and Banks are regular starters, it could be a diamond again.

If we sign Green and the other trialist that's 2 more defensive midfieders in addition to Klok, I would have thought the priorities were a winger and a striker.

If it's a choice between Green/Fane v iffy lower league wingers I'd rather build a team/play a system around the best quality available for us to sign rather than settle for lesser players just to suit a certain system.

League One wingers are so low on quality and inconsistent with it. And League One strikers are rarely good enough to get on the end of good crosses regularly when they do produce them.

Wide midfielders & solid CM's who can pick a pass, have a run and get the odd cross in all while keeping us solid will see us do far better in my opinion.

We can get some wingers in when we're in the Championship :grin:

Another striker definitely though - preferably more than one. You can never have enough.

Edited by HarryBosch

Don't really get the hype over Mantack he looked busy but I didn't see him beat his man and only put one cross into the box. This resulted in Green shouting :censored:ing pass half way through the half

Bluddy hell.......it's good to have shouty leaders on the field, but Mantack is a raw, 1st year professional that needs help in learning his job both in attack and defence.

":censored:ing pass" is as clear, simple & succinct an instruction a young lad is likely to receive. Would you rather Green quoted some Shakespeare? :grin:

":censored:ing pass" is as clear, simple & succinct an instruction a young lad is likely to receive. Would you rather Green quoted some Shakespeare? :grin:

Mantack sounds like someone from a Shakespeare play.

Forsooth, fair Mantack, Achiles winged youngster who hath 'till only recent years suckled still on his mothers breast, end thy innocence, pass the ball, for thou dost not know the damage thy misplaced ball could create upon this fair field of green, this corner of our sceptred isle, this Oldham.

Forsooth, fair Mantack, Achiles winged youngster who hath 'till only recent years suckled still on his mothers breast, end thy innocence, pass the ball, for thou dost not know the damage thy misplaced ball could create upon this fair field of green, this corner of our sceptred isle, this Oldham.

Stuart Hall!

Oh, non-person these days. As you were.

That's the ticket......knock their confidence when they make a mistake!!!

Stuart Hall!

Oh, non-person these days. As you were.

What a shame he turned out to be a member of the '70s perv club. When i went to away games, everyone on the coach used to listen for his reports. Now he just leaves me with feelings of huge disappointment and rather sick.

That's the ticket......knock the kid's confidence when he makes a mistake by bawling him out.

Oh adolescent of fleet foot and distracted gaze, I say unto thee release thy pigs bladder for evensong will soon be upon us......Our enemies unto us plottest a grisly fate and tenants of ye olde main stand criest murder most foul... Edited by oafcprozac

Oh adolescent of fleet foot and distracted gaze, I say unto thee release thy pigs bladder for evensong will soon be upon us......Our enemies unto us plottest a grisly fate and tenants of ye olde main stand criest murder most foul...

Feckin' brilliant.

Thou must place thyselves in the spotlight upon which other mere mortals may only cast their gaze. Madrigals and other sonnets of such grand calibre shall soon be required by spectators, that they shall sing loudly from their lofty perches held within structures of steel whilst viewing the green and pleasant land before them.

Feckin' brilliant.

Thou must place thyselves in the spotlight upon which other mere mortals may only cast their gaze. Madrigals and other sonnets of such grand calibre shall soon be required by spectators, that they shall sing loudly from their lofty perches held within structures of steel whilst viewing the green and pleasant land before them.

Excellent. So much better than pass the feckin' ball.

Oh adolescent of fleet foot and distracted gaze, I say unto thee release thy pigs bladder for evensong will soon be upon us......Our enemies unto us plottest a grisly fate and tenants of ye olde main stand criest murder most foul...

A goalscorer,a goalscoree,my kingdom for a goalscorer.