Promising. Osei might get a chance on Tuesday.

Wonder if the manager will be considering Edmundson if Burgess looked so badly out of his depth.

Reading Peter Clarke's words the other day I sensed he seemed quite reluctant to praise Burgess' ability. Talked a lot about learning. If that's the case, I'd rather we were nurturing our own.

It seeems its the death knell for young loanees at Oldham, some do bounce back quite well after they leave though.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seeems its the death knell for young loanees at Oldham, some do bounce back quite well after they leave though.

Swings and roundabouts.

Most of our best performers last season were young loanees.

We have failed to see the best out of so many players but I suppose most other clubs say the same.

Millwall didn't pull up any trees today and they didn't need to we gifted them goals, for anyone to quote posession stats is delusional. A team who is comfortably winning against such poor opposition when 2 or 3 up are happy so sit in and let the opposition pass the ball along the back four. What did we expect? Throwing a bunch of strangers together with a few weeks to go? oh but the club may have saved a few quid on wages over the summer, probably to cover the money paid back to the fans for the last years end of season home wins. Yet again the fans are being mugged off. In some respects, although it pains me to say it, getting beat today might mean we bring in some quality. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

Millwall didn't pull up any trees today and they didn't need to we gifted them goals, for anyone to quote posession stats is delusional. A team who is comfortably winning against such poor opposition when 2 or 3 up are happy so sit in and let the opposition pass the ball along the back four. What did we expect? Throwing a bunch of strangers together with a few weeks to go? oh but the club may have saved a few quid on wages over the summer, probably to cover the money paid back to the fans for the last years end of season home wins. Yet again the fans are being mugged off. In some respects, although it pains me to say it, getting beat today might mean we bring in some quality. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

sorry pal you spent £200 to watch that gutless :censored:e,you tried to coach me down with you, but havin been to 2 of the freindlys I knew what to expect, especially at millwal Edited by Stevie_J

Millwall didn't pull up any trees today and they didn't need to we gifted them goals, for anyone to quote posession stats is delusional.

It depends if they were seeking humour from a situation or not.

A team who is comfortably winning against such poor opposition when 2 or 3 up are happy so sit in and let the opposition pass the ball along the back four. What did we expect? Throwing a bunch of strangers together with a few weeks to go? oh but the club may have saved a few quid on wages over the summer, probably to cover the money paid back to the fans for the last years end of season home wins. Yet again the fans are being mugged off. In some respects, although it pains me to say it, getting beat today might mean we bring in some quality. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

Ok

Yes that's what I said I want, what do you want a team run like the dog and duck put together in a couple of weeks who can't defend and don't even look like scoring a goal, easily pleased.

Everybody want us to be free flowing, goal scoring and smashing teams out of sight.

However we had 10 debutants today who are all trying to get to know each other's game. Resulys & hopefully performances will come with time but also we will have added about 4 more players.

Realistically everyone should be pissed off that we got beat 3-0 but should also note it was to promotion favourites and wasnt a shock.

I would like to have seen us there 3 months down the line....

Edited by palmer1

We've not had a really good team for about 8 years, you can pin that on whoever you want but it is the reality and it is unlikely to change in the near future.

Why unlikely? This lot could be a good side, too early to judge. Time will tell

All things are possible but let's be honest, the sum is going to have to be much greater than the parts to push this team into the highest reaches of the league.

This.

There's just no way we're scoring goals with this team as it stands. We're gonna have to be compact and defensively brilliant to reach anywhere near the top half.

No doubt we'll improve, but we're not gonna ever be free flowing without 2 or 3 real quality additions.

Where do you start though, hand on heart how many of them players can look in the mirror tonight and be satisfied with what they gave today? It looks like many of them are not up to it.

Does it? You went then? They cant improve? We'll lose every game 3-0? To likely table toppers?

Seriously. Stfu.

-We are only 3 points off the top.

-We still have 135 points to play for.

-We are still in 3 1/2 competitions (FL trophy counts as half a trophy now prem/champ sides reserves let in)

-We are likely to make 3-4 signings by the end if the month.

-Today's fixture was one of the toughest in the calender we have this out the way now.

-This is Latics all kinds of weird and wonderful :censored: good and bad can happen in the next 9 months.

-I guessed the correct score in the prediction league.

Roll on next Saturday for the first home game.

Edited by GlossopLatic