• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

312 for our first away is truly shocking we took 800 to Colchester a couple of seasons back.

I wouldn't say "truly shocking", but I understand where you are coming from. There's a lot of apathy at the moment. I'm fairly certain that if this was the opening day over the past few seasons, we'd be doubling our following...

Im really unshocked by the 312 we took today we are 3-4 players short on the recruitment front and we are away to one of the promotion favourites it was always going to be a home banker. Plus it's not even a nice London away like Brentford or orient it's Millwall.

plus playing them last away game last season ain't helped, that was my reason for not going

There is a glimmer of hope today, rochdale also lost and the last time I looked I do think favs to go up charlton and the blunts weren't doing too good either.

Think we all knew that today was going to be one we were going to chalk off, but the radio commentary sounded like we didn't do too much near the box either. Ouch

Biggest worries were how bereft of ideas going forward and how awful we were at defending set pieces.

Clarke and Flynn will be good for us, Green should be too. Fane and Osei might take a bit of time but have promise, the role Fane played was a baptism of fire. Wilson very much a makeshift left back after Reckord went off. Burgess had a shocker, Banks looked way off the pace and the rest were pretty anonymous.

I'm sceptical of pacy wingers at this level but we desperately need one or more. Other than that, we'll see how the players settle.

Biggest worries were how bereft of ideas going forward and how awful we were at defending set pieces.

Clarke and Flynn will be good for us, Green should be too. Fane and Osei might take a bit of time but have promise, the role Fane played was a baptism of fire. Wilson very much a makeshift left back after Reckord went off. Burgess had a shocker, Banks looked way off the pace and the rest were pretty anonymous.

I'm sceptical of pacy wingers at this level but we desperately need one or more. Other than that, we'll see how the players settle.

It worries me that we're relying on Ollie Banks to be our creative outlet. Then there's practically no depth behind him at all. Letting go of Winchester too.

How did Green and Fane work? Not that well clearly, but what were their roles?

Martis would be ideal with pace. Also reckon we need at least one creative midfielder.