Bring back some 'old school' chants?

Why not being back some of the older chants that used to be heard at Boundary Park or around the country for that matter.

As pointed out on another thread, looking at our midfield with Klock, Fane, Green they definintly have a hint of the Yard Digs about them. Why not bring back on Saturday the yard dogs chant in memory of the man who coined it 'Sir' Jimmy Frizzell. We are going to see some crunching tackles this season & it would something synonymous with Latics which everybody always wants.Its also very easy to remember :)

Another I liked as a kid was Ooooooohhhhhh your :censored: arggh everytime the oppo keeper kicked it out from a deadball. Don't think I've heard it in years...

Any more ideas?

Edited by palmer1

As a kid a favourite was:

Who's your father

Who's your father

Who's your father referee

You haven't got one

You're a b#*tard

You're a b#*tard referee

It was vaguely musical but with emphasis on the insulting word (edited for the sensitive and young). Not saying I condone insults, just recalling my youth stood under the yellow lighting in the Chaddy End.

I didn't like it when the oppo fans declared "You're going home in a feckin ambulance" though. Oddly enough it never happened.

Shall we just sing what the hell we want.

I find it weird how people have to give a critique of what is sung alright some stuff works better than others but what the hell I'd rather people sang the palace songs rather than sitting in silence.

Oh and yes go for it with the yard dogs chant especially when we are pressing the ball.

I prefer it if we just sing Palace songs. I noticed last night the Athleticos have now gone the whole hog with their red and blue Palace flag.

Fairly certain they had that last year as it tied in with the kit colours.....

They started to rip of the Sheff Wednesday "We're on our way" chant though, wasn't shocked by this..

Not sure why chanting 'Yard dogs' would be a fitting tribute for Frizzell when he coined it after a defeat for his team when Miligan & Henry's constant yapping at the ref had clearly got under his skin.

Anyway, songs should be sung on the spur of the moment, requests are for the radio.

Not sure why chanting 'Yard dogs' would be a fitting tribute for Frizzell when he coined it after a defeat for his team when Miligan & Henry's constant yapping at the ref had clearly got under his skin.

Anyway, songs should be sung on the spur of the moment, requests are for the radio.

Didn't say it was a tribute, It just so happened he coined it. John Kelly & Milligan were the yard dogs that night but does anybody remember Kelly? Henry wasn't a regular until 12-18 months later. Edited by palmer1

Didn't say it was a tribute, It just so happened he coined it. John Kelly & Milligan were the yard dogs that night but does anybody remember Kelly? Henry wasn't a regular until 12-18 months later.

You're correct on it being Kelly. Remember him getting the armband & a bit of stick for being a bit one dimensional. Typical tough-tackling midfielder that couldn't do a lot with the ball once he'd won it.

You're correct on it being Kelly. Remember him getting the armband & a bit of stick for being a bit one dimensional. Typical tough-tackling midfielder that couldn't do a lot with the ball once he'd won it.

John Kelly made Frankie Bunn look like he had an overbite.