Oldham v Shrewsbury

I'm not sure the 4-3-3 formation is suiting Mckay or Flynn I think both would look more at home playing in a 4-4-2. That said I would like to see Osei play instead of Mckay as I believe it suits him to play on the left hand side of a front 3 with Erwin on the right where he can be aloud to drift and play off the cuff if you like. Erwin is a striker who does his best work outside the box and links the play well I don't think he is yet a 20 goal a season man, but he maybe in a few years when he no doubt is playing somewhere else. I will reserve judgement on Lapado for now.

With Fane suspended I'd bring Klok in as a straight swap and I'd replace Flynn with Dummigan and put him on the right of a midfield 3 I think he could thrive in that position and with Law man of the match yesterday their is no need to drop him from his RB position. Dunne was dissapointing yesterday and when Reckord is fit he may go straight back into the team.

Alot of improvement needed and we need to work on having players wide when we are in possession of the ball in the opposition half of the pitch to spread the play.

Edited by GlossopLatic

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true. Could tell this on the day he signed when his highlights packages were posted on here.

However, this will not be changing, that's who he is. Traits like that are ingrained.

For the record I really like him, he is one of my favourite players. Playing a full season he will get a minimum of 14 goals and make massive contributions elsewhere on the field.

Never gona a win a header tho, so probably going to end up in that Latics absolutely bulging file of ':censored:' ex players who move upwards and leave us behind.

Guest nonaenever

I think you are being very optimistic if you think Erwin will get 14 goals this season! I hope he does do but he's so far scored 14 goals in a total of 68 games in his career, and 8 of those were in Scottish League Two.

Agree - will be a real surprise if he hits double figures for me. Pleasing to the eye but very slow - he needs someone to feed off him - Osei needs a decent run of games - has looked dangerous every time he has appeared (not to mention being a crossbar away from a hat trick against Carlisle). Think about that for a minute - we are struggling for goals from strikers and yet don't play a fella who nearly banged a hat trick in 45 mins - bizarre !!

Guest nonaenever

In the final analysis, the saddest thing about yesterday is that had we won, we would now be sitting pretty in 9th - with prospect of a top 6 position if we beat Chesterfield. One of the directors said how crucial it was that we had a "good start" to the season and I agree. Victory yesterday would have pressed us towards the 4,000 attendance mark against Chesterfield - still crap, I know but any improvement is welcome. As it is, we are 18th - and we can look forward to the standard 3,500 attendance.

Flynn , Dunne & Burgess were infuriating to watch yesterday . How on earth was Toney beating Burgess in the air !? He needs to get a set of balls and quickly or give Edmundson a run.

Dunne was running through treacle yesterday , didn't ever show for the ball & can't remember him being anywhere near the byline . Law was superb so if Dummingan is to come straight in next week id play him at left back.

Flynn was awful yesterday , seems the sheff u feedback of him having 1 good game in 5/6 is spot on .

Didn't go yesterday, but checked the highlights and looked like Fane was once again wrong side of his man for his first booking.

Said it last week, he's got athletic ability in abundance but brain isn't there just quite yet and it will cost us. Some very optimistic people who reckon he's Championship quality are well wrong...

Didn't go yesterday, but checked the highlights and looked like Fane was once again wrong side of his man for his first booking.

Said it last week, he's got athletic ability in abundance but brain isn't there just quite yet and it will cost us. Some very optimistic people who reckon he's Championship quality are well wrong...

I don't think he's championship quality yet. Think he will be. Only about 22 and in country since November last year. Has great potential but ye he does need to work on a lot of things

Guest nonaenever

Personally, I think he will play in the Premier League one day, never mind championship. Got all the potential in the world - granted, he's raw yet but the ability is definitely there. When he runs with the ball (and how many of our players actually do that?) it's a delight to see and the opposition back off. Everyone could see (except our manager) that he needed subbing before he got sent off - yes his fault I know but it's down to the manager to see these things too.

Maybe he trusted the player not to do anything stupid and was let down, player and manager will learn from it, to be honest for some of the challenges the ref let go I thought in the grand scheme of things Fane was a tad unfortunate and ref couldn't wait to get the second yellow out.

He was a great signing when he joined, two months later and the same people want him dropped for a kid from Stalybridge.

We know he's got quality, give him a chance to find his feet.

How long do we persevere if it's detrimental to the team effort? The same goes for Mckay.

We've got several players who haven't played at this level before who have had at least one standout performance, yet he, as a marquee signing and highly experienced in League One, hasn't done a thing as of yet. The fact a lad from Stalybridge has shown more is damning.

There shouldn't be any automatic picks and it seems fair to question any player who hasn't been up to scratch. Whipping boy or below par?

How long do we persevere if it's detrimental to the team effort? The same goes for Mckay.

We've got several players who haven't played at this level before who have had at least one standout performance, yet he, as a marquee signing and highly experienced in League One, hasn't done a thing as of yet. The fact a lad from Stalybridge has shown more is damning.

There shouldn't be any automatic picks and it seems fair to question any player who hasn't been up to scratch. Whipping boy or below par?

Flynn has definitely been disappointing so far, the game just seems to pass him by without him getting involved, he needs to up his game quickly.

Osei on the other hand has looked bright and pacy and dangerous so why not give him a run of games. We are wasting opportunities to get points on the board.

Green's defending on the left for their first was woeful.

Seriously? Look at the replay - He blocks the 1st cross (if he doesn't i'd bet the cross is cleared) the defence don't re-set again quickly enough which allows Brown the space to head home - Green having blocked the 1st cross didn't have the time to try and prevent the 2nd