Oldham v Shrewsbury

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad day at the office.Feel gutted how we lost.Mixture of poor defending eg got suckered for the third,poor ref again but cant blame them all the time,Fane being sent off and poor finishing..should have equalised and not miss from close range.

Still the players will learn by this defeat hopefully .

Thought we were crap, absolutely no width, 3 strikers on the pitch didn't work. Midfield was rubbish, no one creates anything.

Why did Fane get a round of applause when he got sent off? He was pretty awful today, and after being booked still lunged in, very poor decisions.

Ref was an absolute :censored:ing disgrace, can't blame him for our poor performance though.

Disagree about Fane being awful. Rest of your points are valid.

Came up from Bristol for this one.Have to say disappointed.Midfield were lacking and always slow to the second balls.For me Fane has a lot to learn and Quickly. When we had the ball we looked good until the final third then ran out of ideas.It wasn't until Croft came on that we looked like we could score.Early days yet but a lot of work still to be done.

Flynn plays and looks like he genuinely doesn't give a :censored:, if Winchester fails to impress Robinson I struggle to see why he makes allowances for Flynn.

I should think Dummigan will replace Flynn, can't drop Law, he played well.

How we fit in Osei is the problem.

Edited by BP1960

I should think Dummigham will replace Flynn, can't drop Law, he played well.

How we fit in Osei is the problem.

A winger perhaps? Ok it's the usual case of square pegs in round holes but he has pace, tries to attack and take on his man, he actually made some runs down the channels when he came on and did it well. We definately need wingers, we were so narrow today it was unbelievable.

We need to use the space a bit better and more movement off the ball. When we knock it around we look a good side, more confidence and fewer blunders needed. A few were anonymous today namely Flynn. Thought Fane played well but naive for the red. Osei looking better and better, though I wonder if he's a good impact player rather than a starter? Ref was an utter disgrace.

Started of well we go a goal up via a beauty free kick from Law, they equalise with a lucky bounce off the bar, second half they get the penalty given by that joke of a ref, changes the game, dident get another decision from him for the rest of the game you could see the confidence draining out of us heads went down and we were very poor from then on. Silly foul from Fane hope he learns from that, Ladapo looked off the pace today 2 games in a week was to much for him obviously he's not 100% fit looked good on Tuesday for 70 mins, I would of started Osei today ahead of him who played well again when he came on, We have to pick ourselves up and go again now, few changes next week, Dummingan in for Flynn, Law on the wing and Osei to start against Chesterfield !

Their No 24 just spent the entire 1st half pulling shirts.

Nearly ripped Erwins off on one corner & the ref looking straight at it unobstructed didn't bat an eyelid.

I text mate at HT to lump on them getting penalty 2nd half the first time we pulled.

Well done ref, absolutely awful and should be publicly scolded for that performance.

Guest nonaenever

Didn't see that one coming. Thought it would be a comfortable 3-0 or 3-1 victory today. Ref was an utter disgrace BUT we didn't deserve to get anything :-

1) We are way too slow at getting forward - gives defenders time to organise themselves and pick us off.

2) Flynn terrible again, Green had a shocker (but we'll forgive him because it's his first poor one). Ladapo awful and should have been substituted.

3) Erwin and McKay - had doubts from day one - Erwin is pleasing to the eye but these 2 will never get us the goals we need.

4) How Osei can come on at half time in midweek, score 2 goals and crash a header against the bar and then not get a starting place is a mystery to me. Poor management in my view. Any other player doing that would be guaranteed a place. Smack of favouritism for Erwin and McKay.

5) Hope it's a case of a bad day at the office - but losing at home to Shrewsbury is poor in anyone's book - they were bobbins.

6) Oh - Banks - goodbye - useless.

7) Move onto Chesterfield - we need a convincing win badly.

8) Weekend ruined.

We weren't great today. I Think we struggled with the formation and looked short in midfield.

But I still don't think we would have lost with a decent ref.

Its the inconsistency that baffles me. He penalised us for the same offence that he ignored at least twice when committed more blatantly by them.