Oldham v Shrewsbury

Although things are going well it does feel a bit like we could really do with a home win to consolidate a solid start to the season and really settle down.

Three points would have us right up there too.

Shrewsbury have won 1, lost 4 so present the kind of opposition we should be getting back to beating regularly at home.

Plenty of competition upfront now with the arrival of Ladapo so goals must surely be just around the corner. Good that Mckay can maybe drop to the bench for a bit before things get too desperate for him and people start to get on his back. He can regroup and come again hopefully.

Winchester and Brown may well be gone leaving Jake Cassidy as our longest serving player :grin:

Unlikely we'll have any more in I'd say. Maybe a winger though? Will McLaughlin or Martin be ready?

Ripley

Law

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Flynn

Klok

Fane

Green

Erwin

Ladapo

Maybe Reckord will be in for Dunne which would be harsh as Dunne has been good.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flynn disappeared again for long periods, his place must be in danger.

After seeing him for the third time I would say your boy burgess should be looking over his shoulder BP. I'd seriously consider edmundson instead. I think it would be more beneficial for us to develop our own youngster next to Clarke I really do

Would Erwin and Mackay out wide with Osei and Lapado through the middle leave us too exposed?

I'd be tempted to see how those four clicked as a front four, excusing Burgess his performance tonight the keeper and back four picks itself with Green and Fane infront to protect it would be interesting to see how that four operated in an attacking sense.

After seeing him for the third time I would say your boy burgess should be looking over his shoulder BP. I'd seriously consider edmundson instead. I think it would be more beneficial for us to develop our own youngster next to Clarke I really do

Burgess will be ok in the long term, but he didnt look at all comfortable tonight without Clarke alongside him and I thought 3 at the back in the first half was a disaster.

I would be asking the Latics coach why Burgess isn't using his height on set plays at both ends though.

Unfortunately, Edmundson looked lightweight and was turned easily, IMO he won't displace Burgess.

Edited by BP1960

Guest nonaenever

Burgess was our best player at Bradford. Clarke is a steadying influence for him, admittedly. Edmundson was terrible tonight - how can you possibly say he's ready ?

Burgess will be ok in the long term, but he didnt look at all comfortable tonight without Clarke alongside him and I thought 3 at the back in the first half was a disaster.

I would be asking the Latics coach why Burgess isn't using his height on set plays at both ends though.

Unfortunately, Edmundson looked lightweight and was turned easily, IMO he won't displace Burgess.

I agree, I think Edmundson struggled tonight.

Maybe Erwin could play in the no 10 role with Ladapo and McKay up top I think Erwin will defiantly start Saturday as he's been excellent so far deserved a rest tonight, Green Fane back in Clarke, Law and Ripley back in Croft to start instead of Klock and I think Flynn will miss out

Edited by Markspark92

Guest nonaenever

Osei must play some part on Saturday - excellent when he came on - scored 2 and won 2 free kicks in dangerous position by using his pace and power - when he was fed the ball, they simply couldn't handle him.

Maybe Erwin could play in the no 10 role with Ladapo and McKay up top I think Erwin will defiantly start Saturday as he's been excellent so far deserved a rest tonight, Green Fane back in Clarke, Law and Ripley back in Croft to start instead of Klock and I think Flynn will miss out

Alternatively, Mckay played the no 10 role in the second half and looked decent there.

It's nice to see we have a selection problem upfront due to players playing well rather than picking the least :censored:.