Chesterfield

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by July 1st next year the only 4 players we have remaining are the 4 contracted players (Fane, Flynn, Banks and Dummigan) then I probably won't be too disappointed as it'll likely mean we've had a :censored: season

And probably preparing for life in League Two. I couldn't see us performing another miracle survival like Shez pulled off again if we needed it. Hope your disappointment level would change in that instance.

Nah, we don't have the right to beat anyone.

And the only reason we lost last week was because of the ref.

We lost the other week due to ourselves we went 1-0 up and we were in control then let them back in. The ref didn't help but ultimately it was down to us. What was dissapointing Saturday is that we didn't throw the kitchen sink at them in the last 20 mins. I get it that Robinson wants to contain teams and make us hard to beat but their will be plenty of games this season where we go into the last 20 minutes of games needing a goal on saturdays evidence that will be a struggle and it will cost us points. If being expansive isn't plan A then it should be Plan B.

This is not the strongest squad we have ever had but neither is it the least talented, we've given the squad and the manager leeway at the start of the season and rightly so given the circumstances. But their is no reason why we shouldn't have won at least one of those 2 games.

Edited by GlossopLatic

What about those 3 legitimate goals they scored?

If their second goal was legitimate, then we should also have had a penalty in the first-half. Fane also then wouldn't have been booked and probably not sent off later.

Ref's fault.

Edited by JoeP

We lost the other week due to ourselves we went 1-0 up and we were in control then let them back in. The ref didn't help but ultimately it was down to us. What was dissapointing Saturday is that we didn't throw the kitchen sink at them in the last 20 mins. I get it that Robinson wants to contain teams and make us hard to beat but their will be plenty of games this season where we go into the last 20 minutes of games needing a goal on saturdays evidence that will be a struggle and it will cost us points. If being expansive isn't plan A then it should be Plan B.

This is not the strongest squad we have ever had but neither is it the least talented, we've given the squad and the manager leeway at the start of the season and rightly so given the circumstances. But their is no reason why we shouldn't have won at least one of those 2 games.

Robinson goes expansive from the off and we get exposed on the break and end up losing and that's two home defeats on the bounce and an even worse outcome. I can see why he played it conservatively on Saturday.

What was dissapointing Saturday is that we didn't throw the kitchen sink at them in the last 20 min - The worrying thing is...we changed it to try and do so. We went to 4-4-2 with Croft and Ryan Mc on the wings and only proceeded to look like losing the game as they came onto us.

neither is it the least talented - In my eyes, this is still complete conjecture. We got the last young loanees to leave clubs coz we were weeks behind, have gambled on some freebies like Flynn and Banks who weren't deemed good enough at their clubs, we've got ex-Scottish Prem players which isn't a high standard. Yes, I know our constraints so what we've got is what I expect to get. But for me, whether it is talented or not is guessing at the moment. Hard working, definitely. I will wait and see what the next couple of months brings before deciding on the talent factor.

Edited by boundaryblue80

If by July 1st next year the only 4 players we have remaining are the 4 contracted players (Fane, Flynn, Banks and Dummigan) then I probably won't be too disappointed as it'll likely mean we've had a :censored: season.???????????????????????????????????

Out of the 24 players out of contract next summer I'd guess that we'll keep 14 (maybe selling 2 of 3) with 10 being released. No different from the majority of teams. As proven this season there will be enough free agents and youngsters to replenish the squad.

Are those 4 named players the correct ones as I had assumed Clarke and Green were in the 4?

My forecast is that the only 1 we could sell at any decent price would be Dummigan. (If Burnley dont already have first option?)

The majority of other teams have a much higher number of potential sales!

If their second goal was legitimate, then we should also have had a penalty in the first-half. Fane also then wouldn't have been booked and probably not sent off later.

Ref's fault.

If your Auntie had a xxxx she would be your Uncle but she doesnt and isnt

If by July 1st next year the only 4 players we have remaining are the 4 contracted players (Fane, Flynn, Banks and Dummigan) then I probably won't be too disappointed as it'll likely mean we've had a :censored: season.

According to the squad thread you are correct. Just think how crap we would be without Ripley, Clarke and Green......frightening

If your Auntie had a xxxx she would be your Uncle but she doesnt and isn't

Brilliant....but the argument still stands. I think it's unfair to have a go at the team and management, when it was factors beyond their control why they lost.

If your Auntie had a xxxx she would be your Uncle but she doesnt and isnt

According to the squad thread you are correct. Just think how crap we would be without Ripley, Clarke and Green......frightening

But we do have Ripley, Clarke and Green, and we aren't.

See, that kind of logic works both ways.

Brilliant....but the argument still stands. I think it's unfair to have a go at the team and management, when it was factors beyond their control why they lost.

Nah, rubbish that. Yeah, I was as miffed at the ref as anyone while it was 2-1 but that 3rd goal was an absolute killer and completely avoidable. Had we not conceded it we could've had a point. I was more annoyed with the team than the ref as I left the ground because of that goal. The ref didn't help but we have to be accountable too when you end your own hopes in a game like we did.

Nah, rubbish that. Yeah, I was as miffed at the ref as anyone while it was 2-1 but that 3rd goal was an absolute killer and completely avoidable. Had we not conceded it we could've had a point. I was more annoyed with the team than the ref as I left the ground because of that goal. The ref didn't help but we have to be accountable too when you end your own hopes in a game like we did.

Yes. For years we've had a tendency to let heads drop and to play the victims when suffering bad refs. It shouldn't but it's going to happen, regularly - hopefully SR can coax them into knuckling down because of it in future.

But the third goal wouldn't have happened if the ref had been consistent and not awarded them their penalty, because the entire match would have been different.

I think refs have a tough job, but on this occasion he was beyond incompetent (and it seems the referee assessor agreed..), it cost us at least a point and some are now (unfairly in my opinion) criticising Robinson and the team for the loss when I think they were really hard done by. But hey-ho..

Edited by JoeP