Chesterfield

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

Based on what I`ve seen this season - and in view of recent performances (and Fane's automatic ban), here's my opinion on a starting 11 :-

Ripley

Dummigan Clarke Burgess Dunne (forgiven for one poor game)

Law Green Klok Flynn

Osei Ladapo

And if it's wet I would ensure we have the correct studs - lost count of the number of times we slipped against Shrewsbury - they didn't seem to have the same problem - very poor from the players/management on the basics that.

In my opinion, time to give McKay and Erwin a deserved rest and see what these 2 can do up front.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time since season started with no Tuesday game, hopefully recharge the batteries a bit.

I've been thinking about this myself too .. bearing in mind our late start so to speak, could this have just held us back enough not to push the result over the line in our favour? hopefully like you say, with the 'break' till Saturday we can rest and maybe start to get some results and move up the table!

Erwin is first name on the teamsheet. Ladapo did nothing on Saturday that made me think he is a better option than Mckay or Osei, but I would only play 2 from 4 (1 from 3, with Erwin), unless Osei is used out wide. The lack of width on Saturday was made apparent in the last 10 when Osei and Croft provided some and we had our best spell. Flynn & Croft could provide the width needed if he plays Green & Klok central. Dumimgan in for Law perhaps although that would be a tad harsh. Saturday was a case of trying to stick his best players in a formation thats untested and it backfired. Go with the basic 4-4-2 and make a decision to drop some favourites for me. Play the formation, not the players.

Unless Robinson was billy bull:censored:ting he said that Dummigan was definitely a right back, not a midfielder. So talk of playing him in a midfield 3 etc, is probably wide of the mark.

Doubt we'll see 3 strikers start against Chesterfield so will be interesting to see what he goes for.

Iirc from the highlights of his Motherwell days, quite a few of his goals came on the turn, so did his goal against Shrewsbury.

If we can just give him the ball on the 6 yard line and then let him run away from goal...

Only player to be more likely to score facing his own goal?

Erwin is first name on the teamsheet. Ladapo did nothing on Saturday that made me think he is a better option than Mckay or Osei, but I would only play 2 from 4 (1 from 3, with Erwin), unless Osei is used out wide. The lack of width on Saturday was made apparent in the last 10 when Osei and Croft provided some and we had our best spell. Flynn & Croft could provide the width needed if he plays Green & Klok central. Dumimgan in for Law perhaps although that would be a tad harsh. Saturday was a case of trying to stick his best players in a formation thats untested and it backfired. Go with the basic 4-4-2 and make a decision to drop some favourites for me. Play the formation, not the players.

All of this.

My team for what its worth

Ripley

Dunne

Clarke

Burgess

law

Osei

green

Klok

Croft

Erwin

McKay

Croft as osei giving us some width. McKay gets an extra game for being played out of position in Saturday.

Not a fan of 4-4-2 but its got up be better that having 4 strikers on the pitch.