Chesterfield

Guest nonaenever

It's not a nice feeling watching home ganes now, nervously hoping the opposition won't score and we can hang on for a draw.

SC must be aware of this and I trust he's going to change a few personnel to bring about some hope of goals and wins

Change personnel?

Do you mean sack the management team again?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will that change though I got the impression today both Law and Dunne are not really encouraged to get forward both should have got forward more today. Certainly in the second half.

I think so, Motherwell fans said that Law wasn't an attacking full-back whereas we know Dummigan will overlap and Reckord looked to get to the by-line in pre-season whereas Dunne tends to stick further back.

Only 4 points off the play-off's...

One thing I will credit this team with is that they seem to work hard. There's a good ethic and nobody appears to be lazy.

That suggests they either lack quality of aren't set up tight tactically. On the former, I only really doubt the ability of Klok and Burgess. So the manager probably has most work to do this week.

Guest nonaenever

One thing I will credit this team with is that they seem to work hard. There's a good ethic and nobody appears to be lazy.

That suggests they either lack quality of aren't set up tight tactically. On the former, I only really doubt the ability of Klok and Burgess. So the manager probably has most work to do this week.

I don't think anybody would argue with the "work ethic" point. However, I guarantee that if he put me into the team I would run myself into the ground for Latics. Unfortunately, although possessing an enormous work ethic, I am also not very good. That's the problem, I`m getting a bit fed up of hearing the manager's "work ethic" philosophy. It's only any good if also sprinkled with talent. Ripley and Clarke have been consistently very good, Green was excellent but going off the boil a bit now - the only other players who actually look to have any raw talent are Fane and Osei (both from non-league!). How important does Fane actually start to look for our midfield after that shambles of a performance yesterday?

With the transfer window etc. now closed, it's not looking too promising. I was so optimistic, believing what I had heard about the likes of Flynn and McLaughlin - who have to be 2 of the biggest let-downs so far. I have also consistently said from day one we will not see many goals from Erwin and McKay. Last 2 games, both have been poor. Erwin has been "found out" in this division already. He'll rarely win a ball in the air and let him do his fancy possession stuff out wide - because it usually fizzles out. McKay is just very, very average.

The cold, hard facts on the evidence to date are that if Clarke gets injured and we have one or two other key men out (like Fane/Green) we will drop like a lead weight. The back-up players are generally poor.

The ref actually saved the day for the manager against Shrewsbury - I say that because his bizarre performance masked another poor display from Latics - and yesterday was awful - largely devoid of craft and creativity (aside from glimpses from Osei/Croft).

We've just had 2 home games against pretty crap sides - and got 1 point. I expected 6 - what on earth is going to happen when we play decent sides?

It's a weird one as it was a crap game but both teams had some decent chances to win it.

Yep. We did have a few chances but there was a strange and tedious cloud hung over it. I think it was having watched the Manchester derby and then having to watch that toss, not believing we'd even get near to scoring - no hope. No atmosphere either. Just hated it yesterday.