Chesterfield

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I paid money to watch that utter :censored:e.

Badly need to mix things around up front. Flynn once again did nothing, no urgency from midfield and we looked lost whenever we crossed the halfway line.

Still not a single goal from open play. Not good enough.

Guest nonaenever

Thought Erwin and Osei were ok and their keeper was good.At least we did not loose!

This team is gelling and will get better .

What game were you watching?! That was awful generally - a big step backwards. No creativity, no pace, no nothing really. Erwin had his 2nd poor game running - I`ve said it before; he looks knackered. Flynn was atrocious. Osei was ok but service generally to the front was poor. After the last 2 games my early season optimism is waning - we look like a very pedestrian side at the moment. It's not a good sign when Lee Croft comes on and looks like you best player.

We're not shipping goals in the league which is a bonus.

However another manager has the curse of the inability to put the ball the back of the opposition's net.

Was so looking forward to next week being on my doorstep but I may even give that a miss if we bore the doors of the Ricoh. Zzzzzzzz

Above your expectations? We've got 7 points from 7 games. A return that saw Daz Kelly sacked this time last year...

Yes the first month was above well above my expectations. I expected us to do poorly and get 2, maybe 3 points at a stretch. I expected an improvement in September but 1 point from these home games is a poor return.

I think it's fair to say that, while the points tally wasn't good, there were plenty of other factors that led to Kelly's sacking.

:censored:in hell that was painful to watch, players strolling around blowing out of their arses and no real urgency to do anything, Flynn awful again weak as piss and he's being carried, we look solid at the back but the midfield has no shape and Erwin and McKay are not up to it.

Its a good job they were given two days off to sharpen them up.

We brought on two wingers to add a bit of width and change the team's shape, keeping Erwin central. We then preceded to completely ignore them and just lump the ball up at him. That can't have been Robinson's instruction surely. There was a moment when we had a goal kick and Croft went wide on his own and asked for the ball but Ripley said no and pointed up at Erwin. He then lumped it straight to their keeper. We're better than that.

We haven't had as a bad a start as we could have (wasn't all that long ago that we had no manager or players) but things really need to pick up quickly.

Guest nonaenever

If we lose next week, the next home crowd could well be sub 3,000 - I heard several people saying, "I`m not paying £24 to watch that crap ever again" (or words to that effect). We are starting to look like a team of work horses (as slow as too). This "work ethic" is fine - when it's got some talent sprinkled in. That's not apparent at the moment.

Been away so seen nothing for a week or three but off the LP commentary it seemed as boring as hell, however, It's still very early days and I'm optimistic that in time we will improve.

We desperately need to start scoring goals, especially at home where sub 4K home crowds are starting to become the norm.

I live in hope!!!

What concerns me is that we don't appear to have options going forward. Depth is shallow at best in attack, and those at the top of the pecking order look inadequate so far.

For me, Winchester and Banks get a run out next week. Erwin keeps his place, and we include a player with some pace. Klok out for Fane. How much longer do we persevere with Flynn and Mckay? The former, in particular, is an absolute passenger.

How far have we dropped in our expectations when we are thinking that this sort of performance is acceptable? We have pretty much no goal threat at all. This is the worst I can ever remember a Latics team as regards lack of goals. I'm afraid today's team looked like a team made up of players who can't catch the first team of their parent club - therefore shipped out on loan, or those who have been found to be not of the required standard and consequently released. The only exception I would say is Clarke who's experience shines through. Can anyone tell me what Flynn has done to merit a continued place in the first team? He doesn't bring anything to the team at all! We are a team of misfits and 'not good enoughs'. I know that sounds very pessimistic but I'm sick and tired of turning up hoping for goals and seeing precious little of them. We are just not good enough. End of!!

I lost count of the amount of times I saw Flynn knocked off the ball. My daughter has more strength than he does.

Lumping it up to Erwin all game for him to win virtually :censored: all wasn't the best tactic to persevere with for 90 minutes either. Dreadful.

This was my first home game of the season, and on the basis of that performance, will be the last £24 I stump up...