Chesterfield

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Flynn was an incredible coup of a signing but yet another game passed him by, he was awful. Needs a kick up the arse.

Thought Croft looked lively when he came on, But then when we brought McLoughlin (who seems absolutely useless so far) he swapped Osei and Croft...who where the brightest sparks for us in their current positions and from there both went quiet.

Like Osei...Actually has a go, don't think he cocked up once today. Least he'll :censored:ing run at a man.

Other than Mckay's wonderful touch and goal post shot (which he should have scored) again he was a passenger.

Thank god for Peter Clarke...What a signing. I think without him we would be bottom of the league and losing these 0-0's 0-1. Well him and Ripley who also is a V good player.

Thought Chesterfield were dog :censored:e, but I thought that too about Northampton who we also drew with and Shrewsbury who beat us so

What's with all the excitement around BP when croft is coming off the bench? It's like the messiah has returned to save us all!

When that happens you know our expectations have dropped ALOT!

I've been a Croft critic and see him as no messiah what so ever but it's probably because he actually appears to give a :censored: and tries to be positive/make something happen.

How far have we dropped in our expectations when we are thinking that this sort of performance is acceptable? We have pretty much no goal threat at all. This is the worst I can ever remember a Latics team as regards lack of goals. I'm afraid today's team looked like a team made up of players who can't catch the first team of their parent club - therefore shipped out on loan, or those who have been found to be not of the required standard and consequently released. The only exception I would say is Clarke who's experience shines through. Can anyone tell me what Flynn has done to merit a continued place in the first team? He doesn't bring anything to the team at all! We are a team of misfits and 'not good enoughs'. I know that sounds very pessimistic but I'm sick and tired of turning up hoping for goals and seeing precious little of them. We are just not good enough. End of!!

As loans go, Ripley looks as ideal as they get.

We're missing one or two players of quality to unlock defences, so far. It's not a particularly poor team - no team I've seen us play look any great shakes, and defensively we appear to have enough. Nobody has stepped up yet, which is why I don't see why we don't give Banks and Winchester a chance.

We're missing one or two players of quality to unlock defences, so far. It's not a particularly poor team - no team I've seen us play look any great shakes, and defensively we appear to have enough. Nobody has stepped up yet, which is why I don't see why we don't give Banks and Winchester a chance.

Obviously you can't play them both. Banks is worth a go but Carl should of been released a while back .

Said similar to my dad, yet to see a decent side other than Millwall but that was mainly bullying and :censored:e defending.

Bradford leathered us too tbf but again...we have 0 width and played to their strengths so their wingers had a field day

I know people have mentioned Flynn not playing well and this is not a defence of his performance he was rightly substituted but did anyonelse play well today?

Green did ok as did Ripley with a couple of good saves but really knowoneelse shone. While our wingers clearly haven't created our full backs never got forward or overlapped either I'd like to see them get more involved in our forward play.

It was collectively a poor performance today.

I know people have mentioned Flynn not playing well and this is not a defence of his performance he was rightly substituted but did anyonelse play well today?

Green did ok as did Ripley with a couple of good saves but really knowoneelse shone. While our wingers clearly haven't created our full backs never got forward or overlapped either I'd like to see them get more involved in our forward play.

It was collectively a poor performance today.

Thought Klok had a decent game.

Obviously you can't play them both. Banks is worth a go but Carl should of been released a while back .

Probably not, I agree, but from what you've seen so far, is Carl worse than any of our so called attacking midfielders? I'm not so sure.

Him and Banks are a few months apart in age, yet Banks has been released by a team who finished below us last season, while Carl got an extension here when we got rid of pretty much everybody else...

Drab game that won't entice anyone to come and have a look at us. No sign of the promised pace we were looking for, far too pedestrian. Apart from a 15 - 20 min spell just after Ht it was awful to watch, long punts to the forwards who had virtually nothing to feed off. Gates will continue to fall if we can't start winning some home games, another season and same old :censored:e.

It's not a nice feeling watching home games now, nervously hoping the opposition won't score and we can hang on for a draw.

SC must be aware of this and I trust he's going to change a few personnel to bring about some hope of goals and wins.

Edited by BP1960