To anyone at the club who will actually listen or who cares?

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I dislike the agenda set out by some of the posters on here, I think most of the sentiments in the OP ring true, I know plenty of people that don't bother with home games and I can't really blame them I've seen very little so far this season that would have me paying in on the gate. The football needs to improve to bring the masses back IMHO but it's vicious cycle isn't the more who stay the more the playing suffers. SC does his best to keep us a float but he has to play it safe aswell, he can't just throw money at the club without the assurance that it will be worthwhile investment.

If we want change we are either going to have to sit around and wait for it to happen or start making strides to making it happen!

Guest nonaenever

Supporting a football club is very different and rationality does not apply

Pete - agree - whenever I have a bad experience in a restaurant, I don't complain; simply don't go again. It's completely different with your football team that is effectively a "life habit". That said, I fear a lot of people are at their wits end with Latics now - I know I am - seen another post on here from someone saying "a rest from Latics" has done them good. I simply have to go to Bolton away but, unless there is a radical change, my season ticket will be handed to some poor soul for free.

TTA made a bad business decision and are now stuck with trying to find a way of making it pay back. Some fans can accept that and have blind faith in supporting Oldham Athletic, others want the football club to come first as it always was and rightfully as it should be.

Two equally valid perspectives, however they both accept that the powers that be are stifling any chance of positivity coming back.

I honestly can't see any reason to be optimistic until those in charge leave and hopefully someone else gives some focus back to the thing that made this club in the first place...football. The chances of this any time soon though appear slim to non.

TTA made a bad business decision and are now stuck with trying to find a way of making it pay back. Some fans can accept that and have blind faith in supporting Oldham Athletic, others want the football club to come first as it always was and rightfully as it should be.

Two equally valid perspectives, however they both accept that the powers that be are stifling any chance of positivity coming back.

I honestly can't see any reason to be optimistic until those in charge leave and hopefully someone else gives some focus back to the thing that made this club in the first place...football. The chances of this any time soon though appear slim to non.

Totally agree with this. I have believed for quite a few years now that TTA have to decide that enough is enough and sell-at a more realistic price.

Perhaps cash flow will decide that for them

Couldn't really disagree.

All I would say, leaving aside Brassbank/OEC etc, what is there to invest in, on the football side? What would you do differently?

Realistically we are where we are at this moment in time and TTA have to decide what reduction in price has to be accepted to get out.

Someone with perhaps a million to spend? on the new stand to get it totally finished off and earning decent money then takes control and installs a CEO.

Next season we could have a pretty decent budget for the 4th division because that is where we are heading.

Corney has dug us a hole and there is no simple way out of it. From here it will take a few years.

Did anyone read that I-met-Corney-in-the-bank story? I don't think it's cynical to probe it a bit further. This lad meets Corney in the bank, by chance. (Who uses an actual bank anymore anyway, unless you're in retail and need coins?) They get chatting, as you do, in the bank that no one goes to, about all things OAFC, at which point this lad is invited by Corney to witness him paying £140,000 to Latics to cover overheads.

I'm not calling bull:censored: but I'm not far off. If true, there's nothing to get exited about. If not true or only partly true, the provinence of the story becomes very interesting indeed. And a touch scary.

Did anyone read that I-met-Corney-in-the-bank story? I don't think it's cynical to probe it a bit further. This lad meets Corney in the bank, by chance. (Who uses an actual bank anymore anyway, unless you're in retail and need coins?) They get chatting, as you do, in the bank that no one goes to, about all things OAFC, at which point this lad is invited by Corney to witness him paying £140,000 to Latics to cover overheads.

I'm not calling bull:censored: but I'm not far off. If true, there's nothing to get exited about. If not true or only partly true, the provinence of the story becomes very interesting indeed. And a touch scary.

The timing of the story is convenient.

The amount involved sounds like a monthly wage bill.

You'd use a branch for a transfer of that amount.

But if true it suggests significant and continuing cash flow issues.

Does the Trust have a fighting fund accumulating?

Edited by opinions4u

Pete, If you receive regular poor service in a restaurant that used to be ok, do you moan or just accept that's the way it is, say nothing. and continue patronising them?

Neither. You just stop going. Stupid stupid analogy.

Never, never (ever) abuse or patronise somebody who is making (or bringing you) food.

The timing of the story is convenient.

The amount involved sounds like a monthly wage bill.

You'd use a branch for a transfer of that amount.

But if true it suggests significant and continuing cash flow issues.

Does the Trust have a fighting fund accumulating?

I know the lad who posted to picture and story.. I doubt he would lie about this

Got to be bollocks.

I saw the facebook page and thought like some of the above, was it payday for the employees and they weren't getting paid? why can't the club pay? Cash flow issues? Was it really Corneys money or was it someone else's? Why let a random fan see your own personal transactions, struck me as a bit let's say erratic on the behaviour front/desperate to show us what?

Playershare is still going, again it's run by volunteers and I must admit overdue a meeting. Opinions 4 u does a marvellous job plugging easyfundraising, owtb predication league and pledge are marvellous boost too but I don't think there is a lot of money in the kitty so to speak.

Trust war chest off the top of my head is about £12k. Our books are yearly audited by an accountant and submitted at the AGM.

• 4 weeks later...