The EFL Trophy

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This competition is a disgrace. Fawning over win bonuses is exactly what the League wanted owners and fans to do as the carrot for a :censored:ing awful stick.

The best thing we can do is play the :censored:test side possible, get knocked out and leave it for the u23 teams to play in front of empty grounds and hopefully an empty Wembley.

Would be interesting to know what profit we will have made in the Check-a-scab trophy and then compare it to the (potential) cost/loss of not being in this division next season.

I reckon I know which is more profitable.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Would be interesting to know what profit we will have made in the Check-a-scab trophy and then compare it to the (potential) cost/loss of not being in this division next season.

I reckon I know which is more profitable.

4000 Leeds fans would probably generate as much revenue as the winner's prize money in this does

lol If we get to Wembley there just watch thousands of Oldham fans crawl out of the woodwork.

You dont get to pick and choose your trips to Wembley and unfortuantley we dont get to pick if we get to compete in this trophy

Everybody agrees that this trophy is an absolute abortion and should not be happening in its current format however we are now in the knockout stage and after only 2 appearences at Wembley in competetative fixtures (only 1 final) in our whole history, if you dont go to see us the final of this comp (if it happens of course) then you are a complete fool!

Everybody agrees that this trophy is an absolute abortion and should not be happening in its current format however we are now in the knockout stage and after only 2 appearences at Wembley in competetative fixtures (only 1 final) in our whole history, if you dont go to see us the final of this comp (if it happens of course) then you are a complete fool!

I've been to Wembley before.

Why would I travel miles and spend £100+ to see a match in a tournament which I usually don't leave my house a couple of miles away from BP to attend?

That was based on the idea we would field a full strength team. Also, am I right in thinking the FA can still impose fines for fielding weakened teams in this?

If it was optional, I wonder how many teams would opt-in to this competition.

The football league can the FA can't I think it's 5 players from the previous league fixture and 5 who have to play the next one. That gives you room to manoeuvre thinking of the older players Clarke and Green can sit these one out and anyone tired or carrying an injury. Don't make 11 changes you just have to make 3-4 will do just to keep the squad fresh. Edited by GlossopLatic

lol If we get to Wembley there just watch thousands of Oldham fans crawl out of the woodwork.

You dont get to pick and choose your trips to Wembley and unfortuantley we dont get to pick if we get to compete in this trophy

I won't be selling out. It hurt like hell to miss the chance when we lost to Chesterfield the other year...but I won't take any part in this bastard of a competition. More fool you and anyone else who does! If people want to ignore, forget, pick and choose the reasons for boycotting it then they shouldn't boycott it from day one. But you're right...there will be plenty who give in.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Loving the fact that so many that are so many Oldham creaming themselves over a trip to Lincoln but saying they wont go to watch Oldham at Wembley because they dont like the competition. If it happens that will change.

Ive seen us at Wembley twice and and dont give a :censored: about about whats at stake I want to go and watch it again!

and no i wont be going to Boundary Park to watch any other games in the comp...

Edited by palmer1

Loving the fact that so many that are so many Oldham creaming themselves over a trip to Lincoln but saying they wont go to watch Oldham at Wembley because they dont like the competition. If it happens that will change.

Ive seen us at Wembley twice and and dont give a :censored: about about whats at stake I want to go and watch it again!

Let us know where we can send a Blue Peter badge!

If you expect it to compare to the last two times you went then prepare to be underwhelmed.

Give me a competitive away day at Lincoln - or any other non league side for that matter - over a friendly game at an empty Wembley any day.

This competition is a disgrace. Fawning over win bonuses is exactly what the League wanted owners and fans to do as the carrot for a :censored:ing awful stick.

The best thing we can do is play the :censored:test side possible, get knocked out and leave it for the u23 teams to play in front of empty grounds and hopefully an empty Wembley.

Believe it or not, there was once an attendance of over 80,000 for a EFL Trophy final.

Let us know where we can send a Blue Peter badge!

What for?

You give your opinion & I give mine. Just because mine isn't :censored: and involves watching my team at Wembley again doesn't mean I should get a badge.

But hey if you can sit at home while the team youve supported & watched for years plays at Wembley you can say you have morals right? :) Enjoy that because it won't change a thing!

Coming up to 10 pages of people telling us they don't give a :censored: about this comp

Double that if we beat Walsall. Don't worry despite what people say if we get closer to Wembley that will stop.

Edited by palmer1

Are they creaming themselves though? It is a decent draw against a non league club which the FA cup is all about.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they dont resort to personal remarks.

The Checkatrade trophy is an ill thought out tournament to satisfy the big boys (most of which didnt take part anyway). FWIW i quite enjoyed the tournament in its previous guise, but as it stands now I wont be attending even if we get to Wembley, doesn't stop me loving my football club though.

My personal view is if we had a choice I would rather we didn't even enter this. But as we don't have the option to not ,then I would always want my team to win every game we play ! If we get to Wembley I will be there as sadly I don't see us getting there in the FA cup and without investment id say we are even less likely to get there in the playoffs. We should have relegation playoffs like in some other countries and play that at Wembley !! Then we'd be there every season

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Guest Stanley30

Don't give a :censored: about money. I do give a :censored: about winning matches. Think of we need a balance between as strong a team as poss and not playing any knocks, the rest is drivel